Hi, what is Search.aquatoria.net? Today I ran my browser to search for something; but I found a strange thing that my default search engine had been changed to Search.aquatoria.net – a search engine which I had never heard of. Google was my previous default search engine and I just can’t figure out why it is replaced by this unknown one! How can I remove Search.aquatoria.net and set back Google as my default search engine? Any help is appreciated.
Manually removing the browser hijacker is not an easy job, since it requires users to accomplish several complicated steps. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the Search.aquatoria.net, then just download and use a powerful malware removal tool. This can guarantee a complete and safe removal of it.
What is Search.aquatoria.net?
A suspicious links attached with Search.aquatoria.net redirects webpage over suspicious domains hence Search.aquatoria.net is mostly categorized as a very risky browser hijacker. Such an infection gets inside the PC through social engineering, bundling and by taking advantage of user carelessness. It is very annoying due to regular ads promotion and continuous redirection of webpage. As these happen regularly so it gets extremely difficult for users to execute their normal tasks. So the only solution is to uninstall Search.aquatoria.net from the targeted PC. It ads will not stop by directly clicking on the close mark or through easy uninstallation from control panel. It is very important that its every item including the registry entries, System files, process etc. are detected and removed one by one.
Search.aquatoria.net only has one target to achieve that is to bring as much traffic and website visibility of its sponsored websites as possible. This way it gains financial benefits for its creators through fund and commissions. The sponsored ads are paid hence each clicks made by user arranges its some amount of money in return. It brings a lot of chaos in Online as well as Offline performance and this happens at regular interval. So execute the below mentioned procedure to get rid of this devastating infection permanently.
Search.aquatoria.net is a crazy bug.
1.It slows down your computer by eating up the system resource. You will go through it needs a much longer time to run any program or download a webpage.
2.It tracks down your online activities and collects the information for the third commercial parties, which is why the ads you receive are so close to your searching habits.
3.It may steal your personal sensitive information such as banking account details and some account log in details.
4.It will definitely drop additional PUPs onto your computer, for example, browser hijacker istartsurf.com, adware gorilla price and trojan.
How to Remove Search.aquatoria.net Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Search.aquatoria.net Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Search.aquatoria.net and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Search.aquatoria.net should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: Feel like the manual removal a little complicated? Wanna try something simple and automatic? Do you still have other choice? YES! The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can be your first choice to remove Search.aquatoria.net simply and automatically. Download and install Spyhunter to kick Search.aquatoria.net out of your computer without any hesitation!