Is your homepage replaced by Vq60792.com? This is a step-by-step removal guide that can help you out. Please check it out if you need assistance.
What is Vq60792.com?
Recently, a new browser hijacker virus has attacked thousands of computers, called Vq60792.com. Generally speaking, Vq60792.com is spread via spam e-mail attachments and freeware installation packages. So at the very beginning, you may not notice its invasion.
Once Vq60792.com finishes the installation, it will change your browsing experience to a nightmare. First of all, Vq60792.com alters browsers and DNS settings, so as to take over the web browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.). As a result, your homepage is replaced by Vq60792.com without any consent. Secondly, every time you boot up the system, Vq60792.com always shows up automatically, along with numerous pop-up advertisements. Owing to so many pop-ups, the infected PC will run slowly and perform sluggishly. Although some of the ads appear attractive, you can’t believe them, because most of them connect to phishing websites and aim to swindle money. Thirdly, when you do online searches, all search results will be redirected to unwanted websites. The reason is that Vq60792.com has injected its codes to the Windows registry, so that it can reroute your search queries. Last but not the least, in addition to browser hijacker and adware, Vq60792.com also plays the role as a spy, which means it is used to monitor browsing activities and steal sensit
ive data. So, if you keep it in your PC, it may lead to more severe consequences. All in all, facing Vq60792.com, you are supposed to try your best to get rid of it.
Why Should I Stay Away from Vq60792.com Pop-up
1), this unwanted program can sneak into the target computer slightly.
2), unexpected popups with fake free downloads keep showing.
3), this program can attack many versions of internet browsers and make changes of them.
4), it can install more threats like adware, malware or others and download unknowns programs onto the infected computers.
5), those popups can interfere into your computer’s performance and security.
How to Remove Vq60792.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Vq60792.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Vq60792.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Vq60792.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: Manually removal is a complex and tough task only suggested to advanced computer users. If you are not so professional on computer and cannot solve the problem manually, you are recommended to using Spyhunter Anti-malware to remove Vq60792.com for you easily and quickly. Furthermore, Spyhunter can block the malware and protect your computer from being attacked. Download Spyhunter to keep your computer from many computer invaders now.