What is Thesearchweb.net?
If you are facing redirections on Thesearchweb.net or web browser view this web pages as a default homepage on your Windows computer. While surfing the Internet, you need to understand that intentionally or unintentionally you may get potentially harmful programs on your computer. Thesearchweb.net also sounds like a legitimate and useful tool for online users, as it claims and offer special discounts, allow best deals, free coupons and various other objects. In fact, all these statements and promises are fake and only to mislead Internet users. If any one click to download the program, the nasty browser hijacker infection Thesearchweb.net get installation with all its harmful properties. It has also used deceptive software installation methods as software bundling, email spoofing, hacked websites, fake pop-up ads etc.
What happens when gets inside? Well upon infiltration, Thesearchweb.net attaches itself with the all major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Edge and Internet Explorer. Then after, it might appear to you as your default homepage by replacing the original one and modifies web browser settings and DNS configurations as well. Soon after getting infected, you will be blocked to visit any legitimate website and may frequently get driven to Thesearchweb.net and other related or its affiliate website. All these are done by web criminals who are intended to enhance dubious website traffic and generate revenue for them. Eventually, you will not be able to do any online chores and will always end up getting negative experience of internet surfing.
Apart from this, Thesearchweb.net compromises security of the infected computer and disables all security programs including task manager and firewall. It raise possibility of malware infiltration into PC and increases system vulnerability. Meanwhile, there will slower internet connection speed and also degraded system performance. You will lose entire system access and can only get them back by deleting this infection from PC. Hence, it is necessary to get rid of Thesearchweb.net immediately without any further delay.
How Does Thesearchweb.net Redirect Get into Your PC?
In most cases, Thesearchweb.net redirect virus gets into your computer via freeware or shareware. These free programs are often bundled with installer of the redirect virus or other malware. If you download and install such programs on your PC, you also give the chance for this redirect virus to install itself. Besides, the redirect virus may enter your computer through spam email attachments. Opening attachments sent by unknown people runs the high risk of downloading malware Thesearchweb.net redirect virus to your computer. In addition, this redirect virus can be distributed by the means of suspicious links, sudden pop-up ads and hacked websites. So, you’d better use extra caution when surfing online.
Dangers of Thesearchweb.net
1.It can modify users’ browser settings and change the default homepage and search engine.
2.It can pop up many types of pop-ups on users’ browsers.
3.It can drastically decrease the entire system performance and slow down browser running speed.
4.It could bring other threats like adware, spyware and worm to the infected computer.
5.It can infect users’ browsers, monitor their online activities, tracing browser cookies and collect personal information like usernames and passwords.
How to Remove Thesearchweb.net Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Thesearchweb.net Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Thesearchweb.net and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Thesearchweb.net should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: Manually removal is a complex and tough task only suggested to advanced computer users. If you are not so professional on computer and cannot solve the problem manually, you are recommended to using Spyhunter Anti-malware to remove Thesearchweb.net for you easily and quickly. Furthermore, Spyhunter can block the malware and protect your computer from being attacked. Download Spyhunter to keep your computer from many computer invaders now.