What is Thesearchweb.net?
Thesearchweb.net is identified as a malicious domain that mainly target Windows based system. Once activated, Thesearchweb.net will never let you surf freely and will always make its result hijacked to unsafe websites. The only motive of this suspicious domain is to start altering commonly used browser’s searches like Mozilla Firefox, IE, Google Chrome, MSN and Safari searches to make its result redirected to unsafe and malicious websites. Thesearchweb.net is created by cyber criminals and system’s attackers along with the only motive to ruin your browsing session as well gain complete access over your compromised system. Thesearchweb.net will block all the active and running applications aiming to make machine completely non responsive. Most often, this nasty domain come along with junk mail, Spam email attachments, junk mail, via unsafe removal media and most commonly come along with packed freewares downloaded from non authorized websites. Thesearchweb.net will modify all your saved data and files heading towards data loss and its in-accessibility. In order to get
rid with all the above mentioned system’s issues, it is advised to take any quick action against Thesearchweb.net infection to solve all your PC’s issues.
In the presence of Thesearchweb.net, you will not be able to perform single activity on time. It is responsible for decreasing the running speed of all the system functions including start up, turn off, playing games, installing applications, Internet connection etc. It will also annoy the users by freezing the operating system during their important works and sometimes reboot the PC at certain intervals of time. When you will install any software from its links then bundles of harmful threats such as spywares or malwares will penetrate in your system. You will find find changes in the registry entries with suspicious codes. Moreover, its powerful impacts can disable the working of installed programs or softwares such as antivirus, Windows Firewall, Task Manager, media player etc. You will detect weird behavior of the system in which normal working is extremely difficult. Whats more, it also carries ability to monitor the online session of the users and steal the sensitive information with illegal aim. Hence, it is essen
tial for the users to remove Thesearchweb.net immediately after detection.
How Do You Get Thesearchweb.net?
1. You may download a free application from the Internet and the adware comes bundled with this redirect virus.
2. You may download and run update software from a pop-up website. The update software may contain installer of the redirect virus.
3. You may receive spam emails which require them to run the attached files or click on the links in the email messages. If you do as required, they may download the redirect virus unwittingly.
4. You may visit a website that will take advantage of browser vulnerabilities or settings which will allow the infection to occur without their knowledge.
How to Remove Thesearchweb.net Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Thesearchweb.net Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Thesearchweb.net and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Thesearchweb.net should have been removed from your PC now.
The Final Tip: There isn’t any good reasons for Thesearchweb.net to stay your computer. You’d better get rid of this nasty trouble Thesearchweb.net to protect your computer. The Most Antivirus program Spyhunter is your best and convenient choice.