There is a problem on my PC. I used Google as my homepage; however, another website called “System Table” has replaced Google as my default homepage. All my attempts to reset Google as my homepage were in vain. System Table appears on my browser again and again. How can I remove this nasty website completely? Please help me.
Manually removing the browser hijacker is not an easy job, since it requires users to accomplish several complicated steps. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the System Table, then just download and use a powerful malware removal tool. This can guarantee a complete and safe removal of it.
What is System Table?
To be more specific, System Table is not a virus but a malicious program called browser hijacker. When this nasty page is added to your browser like Chrome, Firefox and Safari, it programmatically replace your homepage and search engine without your consent. After that, this browser hijacker sends sponsored ads to you. Don’t click on the ads. Otherwise you could be cheated into unreliable websites and download potentially unwanted programs. In order to collect web traffic and create commercial revenue, this browse hijacker makes you have restricted access.
As long as activated, System Table threat will affect your web browsers including Microsoft Edge, Opera, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome. By adding malicious executable extensions, this hijacker virus will constantly interrupt the online searches of the users by opening its dubious System Table domain in a new tab and display countless of pop up ads and some other harmful or suspicious links. For one hand, the malware intends to promote the site traffic for its sponsored domains. And for the other hand, System Table will reroute users search queries and a new tab to the poorly built and phishing websites in order to trick you downloading few bogus or rogue programs onto your infected PC.
Actually, by lurking onto the Internet browsers, it is quite possible for the System Table virus to gather your web browsing data like visiting websites details, online searches and favorites. In other words, your personal and private data may get collected and exposed in the front of criminal hackers who are expert in doing illicit activities. However, under no circumstances should PC users allow this happening. Hence, in order to keep your system and the confidential data safe and secure, then it is strongly recommended to get rid of System Table virus from your computer as early as possible before it can do many harms to the machine.
Having Troubles With System Table?
You may have no idea when and how this adware gets on your computer, but this self-installed program would drive you insane if not removed timely.
1) It comes secretly and runs on your browser automatically;
2) It alters your search engines settings compulsively;
3) It keeps popping up and rerouting your webpage;
4) It may lead to superfluous ads and suspected links;
5) It may bring in other malicious applications.
How Does System Table Invade Your PC?
The redirect virus often invades your computer via freeware that you have downloaded from the Internet. When you download and install freeware or shareware that comes from unreliable sources, you may give the redirect virus a chance to infect your PC. Besides, the redirect virus may break into your computer through spam email attachments. Opening attachments specially sent by cyber hackers runs the high risk of downloading malware like System Table redirect virus to your computer. Another common tool used by the redirect virus to enter your PC is via malicious websites or legitimate websites that have been hacked by the rogue hackers. When you happen to click on the suspicious links or pop-ups within the websites, you may unintentionally download the redirect virus or other malware to your machine. Therefore, you should use extra caution when surfing on the Internet.
How to Remove System Table Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
System Table Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of System Table and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. System Table should have been removed from your PC now.
Anyway, please know that not to let a mistake installed the adware on your computer. System Table pop-up is a miserable program. For it may cause many issues to your system, including slow your searching speed, collapsing your browser, and altering the settings of your system. So please try to uninstall it from your computer, and if you cannot remove it manually, please try to uninstall it automatically with SpyHunter.