Hi, I need your help! Recently I encounter a problem that my browser default homepage has been changed to survey.8112179.com, which provides a search engine on the page, without my permission. I get used to searching the net using Google. So I try resetting Google as my default homepage and search engine, but I fail. I also run my antivirus program to scan the whole system (because I suspect that there is a virus on my computer); however, nothing suspicious is found. So, how should I remove survey.8112179.com from my browser? Any help is appreciated.
What is survey.8112179.com?
survey.8112179.com is a tracking domain advertising network technology and not a legit domain. Advertisers distribute their ads across a wide network of research partners and content sites. Before traffic is provided to advertisers survey.8112179.com ID is used as a reference to identify and classify network traffic sent by traffic partners. Because the ad network is made up of thousands of traffic partners, you may have been included within a network of distribution partners advertisement. If you received any advertisements containing survey.8112179.com url, it is important to understand this property and you.ve seen ads have no association with the traffic partner who is displaying ads for you. survey.8112179.com is not the source of the ads.
If survey.8112179.com is opening in new tab every time when you go to browse any other website then it may possible that your computer is infected by a web browser hijacker. This malicious infection can easily enters on your computer during downloading of third party bundled software. If any Internet user visits hacked websites or any illegal website, click on the pop-up links or open Spam emails then the malicious infection can easily invade their computer survey.8112179.com can easily remains undetected by anti virus program because it does not contain virus definition in its software coding. When any computer get survey.8112179.com web browser hijacker then the performance of the computer come down very rapidly because it damages various system file and create various junk files on your computer. It always keeps CPU and RAM busy in its malicious activities. While your Internet session it never let your web browser to perform properly. It interfare in every web search and provide you a compromised results. It makes your Internet surfing experience
very unpleasing by displaying flooded pop-up ads, fake coupons, banners to create sales lead or web traffic to earn revenue. Moreover it brings various other malware and if get chance it also steal your confidential information while online shopping or banking. Hence you are suggested to remove survey.8112179.com from your computer as soon as possible.
How Do You Get survey.8112179.com?
1. You may download a free application from the Internet and the adware comes bundled with this redirect virus.
2. You may download and run update software from a pop-up website. The update software may contain installer of the redirect virus.
3. You may receive spam emails which require them to run the attached files or click on the links in the email messages. If you do as required, they may download the redirect virus unwittingly.
4. You may visit a website that will take advantage of browser vulnerabilities or settings which will allow the infection to occur without their knowledge.
How to Remove survey.8112179.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
You can first try removing the browser from the affected browsers and then fix the browser shortcuts. Then, restart the computer and see if the browser hijacker has been removed. If not, you need to take one more action – run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces in order to permanently remove it out of your PC. Please follow the guide below.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of survey.8112179.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. survey.8112179.com should have been removed from your PC now.
survey.8112179.com should be removed as soon as possible, otherwise, you will not only can not surf the web freely, but also suffer from poor running speed, unstable internet connection and many other kinds of PC issues. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in manually dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to download Spyhunter to automatically remove survey.8112179.com from your PC.