Please help with my computer! No matter what page I intend to open, it will be redirected to Startseite24.net. I have never seen this page before. Is my computer really infected with harmful virus? Will my data being lost or damaged? What should I do now to save my computer?
What is Startseite24.net?
Startseite24.net is one of harmful virus that is able to take over all kind of browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE, Opera and so on similarly. It has been categorized as browser hijacker that generally enters secretly without asking your permission as via spam emails, hiding with freeware program and lurking with sponsored links. It can also take advantage as watching online videos on the suspicious sites. So, you should be careful from doing such activities for defending PC from malware attacked. It has been confirmed concerning this web page is to be created by Conduit Ltd. It should be visited any case even eliminate as soon as possible otherwise after staying long time it will carry on fetching more risk to seriously harm your PC.
Once Startseite24.net invaded on the PC, it will replace your home page with Startseite24.net , you will be redirected to unreliable website while you attempt to visit any websites. This will always try to redirect you to its malicious web page and bring other numerous infection to fetch more destruction on the PC. It will reset your browser settings to manipulate browser for giving negative result of browsing. It may steal your sensitive information like password, browsing history, search queries, login ID and other financial information as to generate profit after misusing such all information. You will be irritated with nasty advertisement while you surf online on the browser. So, you should not delay to remove Startseite24.net completely. Kindly delete Startseite24.net immediately if possible.
Negative impacts of Startseite24.net?
It will replace search engine and change browser homepage without users permission
It will redirect the visited website towards some unknown web-pages
It consumes big part of computer resource and degrade system performance
It can add some more unwanted program which can create more trouble
It helps hackers to remotely track victims browsing activities
How to protect PC from Startseite24.net?
Unfortunately there is not a single way through which this threat invade your PC. It can be injected in your PC through different source. In order to prevent your PC from this infection you have to be very careful while surfing Internet. It can be send in your system through some Spam email. So whenever you get such unknown email then avoid opening its attachment. These kinds of threat also comes bundled with some free downloaded files. So if you have downloaded such files then there is a great chance that the software contains this threat. So always download software or other things from reputable sites only. Besides that hackers also hide these virus in some restricted, adult, hacked and other unsafe site. So you must avoid visiting such site if you really want to protect your PC.
How to Remove Startseite24.net Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Startseite24.net Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Startseite24.net and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Startseite24.net should have been removed from your PC now.
Anyway, please know that not to let a mistake installed the adware on your computer. Startseite24.net pop-up is a miserable program. For it may cause many issues to your system, including slow your searching speed, collapsing your browser, and altering the settings of your system. So please try to uninstall it from your computer, and if you cannot remove it manually, please try to uninstall it automatically with SpyHunter.