Are you looking for any Software-assistsafe-downnow.com removal tool? Is there continuous degradation in your system’s performance?? Are you unable to surf freely? Have you tried enough to remove this malicious infection??? If so you are at right direction as here you will get to know how to get rid of Software-assistsafe-downnow.com infection and make your PC secured.
What is Software-assistsafe-downnow.com?
Software-assistsafe-downnow.com is classified as a malicious and annoying redirect virus which hijacks the Internet browser and causes a lot of inconveniences. The pesky hijacker is able to come into your system through spam email attachments, unauthorized free software, and suspicious links. Once it finishes its infiltration, Software-assistsafe-downnow.com virus will start to do malicious things. It gets installed without asking for any permission. Meanwhile, it can make changes to certain system settings including Registry settings, DNS settings and browser settings. As a consequence, the malware activates along with the system. But it can occupy great system resources and degrade the PC performance.
Like oursurfing.com virus, Software-assistsafe-downnow.com malware will replace the original start page and default search engine. It adds many sponsored links when you make searches. The program pretends to be a useful search tool but will redirect you to commercial or unknown pages at times. In such case, you’d better pay much attention. Ads from Software-assistsafe-downnow.com virus can lead you to download other threats or malware. What’s worse, the hijacker may secretly track down your online activities and collect personal information. This is rather dangerous. All in all, Software-assistsafe-downnow.com is not a good thing. It’s wise to remove the redirect virus immediately.
Why Should I Stay Away from Software-assistsafe-downnow.com Pop-up
1), this unwanted program can sneak into the target computer slightly.
2), unexpected popups with fake free downloads keep showing.
3), this program can attack many versions of internet browsers and make changes of them.
4), it can install more threats like adware, malware or others and download unknowns programs onto the infected computers.
5), those popups can interfere into your computer’s performance and security.
How to Remove Software-assistsafe-downnow.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
You can first try removing the browser from the affected browsers and then fix the browser shortcuts. Then, restart the computer and see if the browser hijacker has been removed. If not, you need to take one more action – run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces in order to permanently remove it out of your PC. Please follow the guide below.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Software-assistsafe-downnow.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Software-assistsafe-downnow.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Software-assistsafe-downnow.com could be troublesome and should be deleted timely to avoid potential risk. Manual removal is an efficient way to get rid of this hijacking. But if you are not confident to finish the manual process, you are suggested to uninstall Software-assistsafe-downnow.com by starting an automatic removal with SpyHunter from here.