Is your home page changed to Snjsearch.com without any consent? It offers a lot of sponsored links when making searches? Web sites are redirected to unknown domains constantly? Here we’ll help you get rid of Snjsearch.com redirects completely and permanently.
What is Snjsearch.com?
Snjsearch.com is yet another browser hijacker infection which is promoted through legitimate looking domains. This vermin offers some attractive offerings in the form of app installation, freeware, updates etc. Thus user doesn’t realize its ill-effects initially. Supporting such domains in any which way is like approving cyber criminals to execute their nasty activities. Many a time’s users themselves promote Snjsearch.com knowingly or unknowingly. It is very clear that Snjsearch.com has been settled by cyber criminals to take advantage of Internet and security vulnerabilities of infected System. Those users who are involved in unwanted activities and hitting on suspicious links are most likely to get infected with Snjsearch.com. Like a brutal redirect virus, it can secretly change the internal setting of any well-known browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, and Internet Explorer and so on.
Snjsearch.com infection will alters several of the important internal settings. The default start-up page gets altered and the favorite bookmarked domains get blocked. The overall browsing experience gets degraded. Moreover the DNS settings are deeply altered so as to connect the PC with remote servers that belong to cyber criminals. Thus it is a big concern and can easily lead to identity thefts. Every department of System performance gets ruined. Hence it is strictly advised to delete Snjsearch.com as quickly as possible.
Snjsearch.com is a crazy bug.
1.It slows down your computer by eating up the system resource. You will go through it needs a much longer time to run any program or download a webpage.
2.It tracks down your online activities and collects the information for the third commercial parties, which is why the ads you receive are so close to your searching habits.
3.It may steal your personal sensitive information such as banking account details and some account log in details.
4.It will definitely drop additional PUPs onto your computer, for example, browser hijacker istartsurf.com, adware gorilla price and trojan.
How to Remove Snjsearch.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
You can first try removing the browser from the affected browsers and then fix the browser shortcuts. Then, restart the computer and see if the browser hijacker has been removed. If not, you need to take one more action – run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces in order to permanently remove it out of your PC. Please follow the guide below.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Snjsearch.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Snjsearch.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to download SpyHunter to avoid false operation of crashing your computer or from some friends who are very familiar with manual Snjsearch.com removal.