Since ads are visible everywhere on the Internet, so you may think it is normal to receive ads by Shopping Sidekick on your web pages at first. But you would change your mind when you notice that those ads appear almost on every page you browse. You begin to have a very bad feeling about this and suspect that whether you have fallen victim to some kind of adware. Your worry is reasonable. This symptom really indicates your computer has been attacked by certain kind of adware – its name is “Shopping Sidekick”.
Details of Shopping Sidekick:
Shopping Sidekick is an stealthy adware program that silently infect your PC. After infecting your computer, it start showing lots of unwanted ads. It pretends to be an useful program that promises to help users to translate documents easily. This kind of facility seems be to very useful but Shopping Sidekick mainly wanted to promote sponsored ads on the Infected PC. It will keep throwing annoying ads on your computer screen whether you want them or not. Those ads will also redirect your browser on unknown and dubious websites without permission. This nasty adware program will completely compromise your web browsing experience. It can also bring other threats on your PC by redirecting your browser on malicious websites.
Shopping Sidekick mainly get into your computer system bundled with free third party programs that you download from Internet. This nasty threat can also infect your machine when you browse to malicious websites or visit unknown links. It can also get dropped into your system via spam email attachments. You should always be careful while going online and never download any unknown program. Once inside your computer, Shopping Sidekick will completely bombard your desktop with tons of annoying ads. It will also infect your browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and others. It will also track your online habits and access your personal information to show targeted ads. This nasty adware can also send those details to remote hackers for illegal purpose. You are advised to delete Shopping Sidekick from your PC as early as possible.
Harms Shopping Sidekick Can Cause
The purpose behind the the intrusion of this nasty virus is money making. It is mainly aimed to alter your web browsing and creating profit. However it can also lead to several other threats and damages into your computer such as :-
Slow down your computer speed.
Crashes your web browser.
Redirect your browser on malicious websites.
Bring harmful threats and malware on your PC.
Steal your personal and financial details.
Swipe off your bank account money.
Track your browsing activities to show personalized ads.
Note:To be able to complete a total removal for Shopping Sidekick infection, it is suggested to have the ability to handle the essential parts of the system. Any problems caused by the process can make the system fully useless, if you need instant help to remove this infection, you may consider running a trusted Adware Removal Tool on the computer:
How to remove Shopping Sidekick from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of Shopping Sidekick PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of Shopping Sidekick. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate Shopping Sidekick from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Shopping Sidekick within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Shopping Sidekick adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the Shopping Sidekick, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall Shopping Sidekick From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Shopping Sidekick in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Shopping Sidekick in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Shopping Sidekick from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove Shopping Sidekick From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for Shopping Sidekick and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for Shopping Sidekick and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for Shopping Sidekick and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Shopping Sidekick.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type Shopping Sidekick into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by Shopping Sidekick.
Attention: Shopping Sidekick is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove Shopping Sidekick using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of Shopping Sidekick from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove Shopping Sidekick adware. As we mentioned above, Shopping Sidekick is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove Shopping Sidekick.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove Shopping Sidekick from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
- How to Remove Search.iqasearch.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove MaxPerforma Optimizer from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Exp.CVE-2016-4171 from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove SONAR.Heur.RGC.CM!g9 from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Aleta Ransomware from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Remove Hlz.inadvissabilityrustproof.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove ‘.RECOVERYOURFILES File Extension’ Ransomware from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Remove SuperB Ransomware from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)