You may have difficulties in removing search.so-v.com. This guide shows how to remove this website from IE and other browsers. Please read on if you need assistance.
What is search.so-v.com?
search.so-v.com is classified as browser hijacker which claims to be a legitimate search engine site. You will find a search bar which claims to help the users in their surfing session. search.so-v.com also claims to enhance the browsing experience of the users by enabling the best tools. All these alerts may seems like legitimate in the first look but it is not trustworthy for the users. It will generate various types of notifications and advertisements on the screen with the sponsored download links. It tactics on the users to install new application software and claims to provide advanced features. search.so-v.com is not a trustworthy site thus, do not download any program from its links.
What is search.so-v.com?
search.so-v.com is a harmful browser redirect virus that can attack many types of web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Very often, this redirect virus slip into your computer via free software, spam emails, malicious websites and suspicious links. You may not realize its presence at the very beginning. Once finishing its installation on your computer, this redirect virus will start doing some malicious things and cause various problems on your PC.
To begin with, this redirect virus modifies your browser settings and changes the default homepage to its own domain page. Similar to Google, it offers a search engine on its webpage for you to search the internet; however, it does not provided reliable search results. It keeps redirecting your search results to some ad-based websites. In this way, its creators can gain money from owners of such websites, and this is why this so many similar redirect viruses are created and widely used by cyber hackers.
Besides, this redirect virus also displays a lot of commercial ads on the web pages you visit, which helps its creators to generate advertising revenue. These annoying ads may not only affect the computer performance, but also bring additional threats. Moreover, this redirect virus could compromise your privacy. It monitors your online activities and collects your personal data without your knowledge. If you don’t remove this nuisance quickly, you may become a victim of identity theft.
How does search.so-v.com intrudes into your PC?
Whatever you search you would be redirected to some unfamiliar websites or search.so-v.com. Additionally, it will display countless ads and popups onto your webpages along with slow Internet speed frustrate you. search.so-v.com is malicious and dangerous web page which has been too extensively spread over Internet. Thus, a little mistake while browsing helps the malware intrudes into your computer. Normally, it use bundling to get it installed. Means, often comes with other frequent downloaded programs and installed onto your PC after you install the free downloads without scanning for malware presence or reading its EULA ie, End User License Agreement. Additionally, opening spam emails, sharing data in open network, visiting unreliable websites especially pornographic websites, clicks to malicious texts-links, ads, banners are some other prominent intrusion methods.
Harmful Impacts of search.so-v.com onto your PC
As, browser hijacker search.so-v.com first target is your installed browsing application and after hijacking it will alter browser default settings after which you will be unable to work online in easy manner. Besides that some other harmful traits of the malware presence into your computer are listed below:-
Slow up the whole PC performance greatly.
Lot of annoying popup ads and browser redirection takes place.
Drops many useless files into your system folders.
Injects many malicious files to the system registry.
Helps other spyware or malware to further damage your PC.
Many Applications/Programs get disabled.
Capable to open backdoor access for remote attacker.
May damages essential files to trigger many security vulnerabilities.
May steals confidential information for illegale purpose.
How to Remove search.so-v.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
search.so-v.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of search.so-v.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. search.so-v.com should have been removed from your PC now.