Hi, what is Search.searchtheweb.today? Today I ran my browser to search for something; but I found a strange thing that my default search engine had been changed to Search.searchtheweb.today – a search engine which I had never heard of. Google was my previous default search engine and I just can’t figure out why it is replaced by this unknown one! How can I remove Search.searchtheweb.today and set back Google as my default search engine? Any help is appreciated.
Manually removing the browser hijacker is not an easy job, since it requires users to accomplish several complicated steps. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the Search.searchtheweb.today, then just download and use a powerful malware removal tool. This can guarantee a complete and safe removal of it.
What is Search.searchtheweb.today?
Search.searchtheweb.today is reported to be a unsafe web page which is released by cyber criminals to cheat users on their online shopping marketing. Not only that, it is capable of hijacking various browsers to easily reroute on the misleading website and that the reason to urgently keep it away from the PC. Even, it looks like common search engine as to give many useful service but it’s reported to be a harmful web page. It belongs to browser hijacker family that generally harms browsers as to modify settings and rerouted web page to unsafe domain. Generally, it invades via free package of unreliable website or embedded within web scripts.
As soon as Search.searchtheweb.today enters, you will lose your browser access as well as PC control and will face continuous issues until you get rid of this trouble quickly. After the arrival of such infectious bug, you can’t visit any single legitimate website and will frequently get redirected to malicious, phishing, affiliate or dubious web pages. Also, it claims to be legal search engine which records all your keystrokes and floods entire victimized computer with countless popup ads, sponsored products, online deals, promotional codes and more. Apart from this, Search.searchtheweb.today is a noxious infection which compromises security of the affected computer and make entry of dangerous PC threats such as trojan, worm, virus etc. and might lead infected PC to severe corruption. It is not safe to allow this bug to stay inside the infected machine for longer period of time and quickly take effective measures to delete Search.searchtheweb.today as soon as possible without the wastage of single minute of time.
Signs of Being Infected
1. Browser default homepage and search engine are replaced by Avcomand.com without any knowledge and permission.
2. A barrage of ads pop up on the web pages that you visit. Those pops up appear almost on every page that you browse, especially on websites like Ebay, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy.
3. Search results are constantly redirected to unknown websites. When you click on the search results, the web pages are redirected to websites that are irrelevant to those you don’t intend to visit.
4. Unknown toolbars, plug-ins or extensions appear your browsers, which you don’t know and have never installed.
5. Network speed gets slower and sometimes the network is disconnected without appear reason.
6. New website URLs are added to the browser’s favorite folder or bookmark list.
7. Computer performance degrades weirdly. It often takes a longer time to perform a simple task.
How to Remove Search.searchtheweb.today Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Search.searchtheweb.today Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Search.searchtheweb.today and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Search.searchtheweb.today should have been removed from your PC now.
Anyway, please know that not to let a mistake installed the adware on your computer. Search.searchtheweb.today pop-up is a miserable program. For it may cause many issues to your system, including slow your searching speed, collapsing your browser, and altering the settings of your system. So please try to uninstall it from your computer, and if you cannot remove it manually, please try to uninstall it automatically with SpyHunter.