I have a problem on my computer. I use Google as my default homepage. However, Search.schooldozer.com replaces Google as my default homepage totally without my knowledge and permission. I have tried restoring the browser settings, but this website still loads itself when I launch my browser. How can I completely remove Search.schooldozer.com from my machine? Any help is appreciated.
Manually removing the browser hijacker is not an easy job, since it requires users to accomplish several complicated steps. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the Search.schooldozer.com, then just download and use a powerful malware removal tool. This can guarantee a complete and safe removal of it.
What is Search.schooldozer.com?
Search.schooldozer.com is yet another harmful redirect virus that mainly target Windows based system and bring numerous changes in its entire settings. Once this malware get added, it will start modifying commonly used browser’s searches like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE, MSN and Safari searches to let its result hijacked to illegal websites. Search.schooldozer.com is created by evil hackers and cyber criminals in such a way that it look exactly like real domain as well make all your browser’s searches to illegal and completely unknown websites. This suspicious domain silently get installed along with various methods like junk mail, surfing unsafe websites, clicking infectious links , surfing malicious websites and sometimes even via social sites. Search.schooldozer.com will block all the active and running applications aiming to degrade your system and lately make it completely non responsive. Search.schooldozer.com will pretend to be genuine domain but never trust them as they are created mainly to trap innocent user. Thus, it would advised to take any quick action agains
t Search.schooldozer.com infection and thus make your machine secured.
Search.schooldozer.com will mix up its code in the boot section aiming to get added after every start up. It will block all the active and running applications aiming to make machine completely in-accessible. Search.schooldozer.com will turn off firewalls and will bring changes in security settings aiming to make an easy way for other malicious threat. Hence, it would advised to remove Search.schooldozer.com as soon as possible and make your machine secured.
Why Should You Remove Search.schooldozer.com Virus Immediately?
1. Important personal message may be captured by remote hosts to conduct cyber crimes.
2. There will be many annoying pop-up ads and fake alerts; disturbing you from using the system fluently;
3. Additional viruses and malwares will be installed without any permission to do further damage to this system;
4. It will block the access to the Internet and redirect everything you do on this browser to terrible web pages;
5. It will slow down the operating machine and even make it terminate;
How to Remove Search.schooldozer.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Search.schooldozer.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Search.schooldozer.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Search.schooldozer.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Search.schooldozer.com should be removed as soon as possible, otherwise, you will not only can not surf the web freely, but also suffer from poor running speed, unstable internet connection and many other kinds of PC issues. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in manually dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to download Spyhunter to automatically remove Search.schooldozer.com from your PC.