Hello Friends, my machine has issues. I think someone dropped Search-Metacrawler.com on my computer because it just appears on my Chrome suddenly. I haven’t downloaded it before. It took place of my default browser’s home page. Since that time, I’m facing numerous problem while surfing. When ever I search anything, always get redirected to unsafe and non authorized websites. What shall I do to get rid of Search-Metacrawler.com infection??? Please help me in solving my system’s issues. Thanks in Advance!
What is Search-Metacrawler.com?
As a malicious browser hijacker, Search-Metacrawler.com virus carries out annoying and chaotic activities on the target system. The pesky program usually takes chance to enter your system when you open spam email attachments, download unverified free programs or click on suspicious links. The vicious hijacker has the ability to disguise as a legit system file or browser extension so as to bypass many antivirus tools. Besides, Search-Metacrawler.com malware is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The unwanted program can make changes to default browser settings without seeking for your permission. After then, it replaces your start page and search provider automatically.
When you make searches with this unknown program, Search-Metacrawler.com offers numerous sponsored links in the search results. It would redirect you to certain web pages when you want to access desired pages or click on search results. Like cassiopesa.com virus and websearch.searchitwell.info malware, the hijacker even generates charming and attracting pop-ups when you browse the web. That is, the unknown browser hijacker aims to gather extra profits through advertisements. What’s worse, Search-Metacrawler.com virus would trace your online history and cookies to gather sensitive information. You could have to deal with finance loss or identify theft in the future. Therefore, it’s wise to remove Search-Metacrawler.com virus quickly to stop great troubles.
How Does Search-Metacrawler.com Invade The System?
In many cases, this browser hijacker comes to your computer through email attachments. You may receive an email from an unknown person, which has an attachment. If you click to open the attachment with curiosity, you may download this redirect virus unknowingly. Besides, this redirect virus may get into your computer via hacked websites. Websites that have hacked by cyber hackers often contain many dangerous content and if you carelessly any suspicious links or pop-up ads in them, you may download this redirect virus or other malware onto your computer. Additionally, free software can also contribute to the spread of the redirect virus. Some freeware looks legitimate, but actually contain malicious codes of the redirect virus. Downloading and installing such software could lead to redirect virus infection, too. Therefore, extra caution is needed when you are surfing on the internet.
What Search-Metacrawler.com Brings to You
1.Browser default homepage and search engine are changed without any permission.
2.There are lots of advertisements popping up on the browsers, which badly affects your surfing experience.
3.Other types of malware may be dropped into your computer when you click on the unwelcome ads.
4.The browser performance is drastically slowed down since many ads are downloaded and displayed on the web pages.
5.Your personal information like usernames, passwords may be collected and sent to the remote cyber hackers.
How to Remove Search-Metacrawler.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Search-Metacrawler.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Search-Metacrawler.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Search-Metacrawler.com should have been removed from your PC now.
The Final Tip: There isn’t any good reasons for Search-Metacrawler.com to stay your computer. You’d better get rid of this nasty trouble Search-Metacrawler.com to protect your computer. The Most Antivirus program Spyhunter is your best and convenient choice.