Google Chrome web browser is working weired on my Windows 7 computer system. It got change of homepage without my permission or consent. Search.lokaleswetternt.com has replaced my previous homepage and I got several other changes. I am finding installation of unknown programs and change of desktop background images. Many new shortcuts icons have appeared on my desktop and while web browsing unstoppable online advertisements are coming on my web browser interface. I tried to change web browser settings for previous configuration but no luck. Please help!! to remove Search.lokaleswetternt.com from my web browser.
What is Search.lokaleswetternt.com?
Search.lokaleswetternt.com looks like a legit web search engine. However according to studies, this search engine is a fake and bogus. Besides, it belongs to the family of browser hijacker. When this malicious program gets into your computer, it is going to change the existing homepage of a browser without asking you for permission. You’d better be careful of this browser hijacker. This fake search engine collects your searching queries and gives you false search results. As long as you click the misleading information, you could be redirected to unknown websites that might have set up cooperation relationship with Search.lokaleswetternt.com.
Moreover, looking something up with your search engine will not make any sense as well. That’s because every time you type your key words in search box and press Enter, the search results are all right, but when you select the most suitable one and click the link, the final page is totally wrong. Besides, you are likely to be disturbed seriously by thousands of commercial ads, which can freak you out during your work. All in all, Search.lokaleswetternt.com is a threat to your machine, so you should remove it as soon as possible.
Since Search.lokaleswetternt.com is a typical browser hijacker, it possesses all malicious features like other browser hijackers. It’s very easy to notice its infection, as it can immediately change the home page, start page and search engine of the infected browsers as soon as it’s active in your machine. Meanwhile, Search.lokaleswetternt.com could display sponsored search results when you use it to search for information. And it also displays advertisements randomly to promote unwanted products. Your online activities are monitored by this nasty Search.lokaleswetternt.com virus. Therefore, for sake of your privacy and peaceful life, it’s necessary for you to follow the removal steps and remove Search.lokaleswetternt.com as soon as you can.
Symptoms of Being Infected:
1. Browser default homepage and search engine are changed to Search.lokaleswetternt.com without any knowledge and permission.
2. Lots of ads and deals pop up on the web pages that you visit. Those pops up appear almost on every page that you browse, especially on websites like Ebay, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy.
3. Search results are constantly redirected to unknown websites. When you click on certain search results, the web pages are redirected to websites that have nothing to do with those you intend to visit.
4. Unknown toolbars, plug-ins or extensions appear your browsers, which you don’t know and have never installed.
5. Network speed gets slower and sometimes the network is disconnected without appear reason.
6. New website URLs are added to the Favorite folder.
7. Computer performance degrades weirdly. It often takes a longer time to perform a simple task.
How to Remove Search.lokaleswetternt.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Search.lokaleswetternt.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Search.lokaleswetternt.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Search.lokaleswetternt.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Search.lokaleswetternt.com should be removed as soon as possible, otherwise, you will not only can not surf the web freely, but also suffer from poor running speed, unstable internet connection and many other kinds of PC issues. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in manually dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to download Spyhunter to automatically remove Search.lokaleswetternt.com from your PC.