Whenever I attempt to watch the any online video then my browser redirects me to Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com automatically. This page shows an alert that my installed video player is outdated and I need to download the latest version. I have heard that it is not a safe site and downloading softwares from its links can make my PC compromised. Could you please provide complete details about Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com? Can I download the software from its links? If it is fake then please guide me to remove it from my browser. Thanks in advance.
What is Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com?
To be more specific, Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com is not a virus but a malicious program called browser hijacker. When this nasty page is added to your browser like Chrome, Firefox and Safari, it programmatically replace your homepage and search engine without your consent. After that, this browser hijacker sends sponsored ads to you. Don’t click on the ads. Otherwise you could be cheated into unreliable websites and download potentially unwanted programs. In order to collect web traffic and create commercial revenue, this browse hijacker makes you have restricted access.
What’s worse, this cunning virus has the ability to hijack your search results to unwanted sites that are irrelevant with your search queries. In addition, this page will pop up lots of commercial ads on your screen. If you click on those ads, it will bring profit to the cyber criminals. And the more you hit on those ads, the more profit the cyber criminals will get. Since you have known that Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com virus is a tool that used by the bad guys to gain illegal money, you should delete it as quickly as you can without hesitation.
Since Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com is a typical browser hijacker, it possesses all malicious features like other browser hijackers. It’s very easy to notice its infection, as it can immediately change the home page, start page and search engine of the infected browsers as soon as it’s active in your machine. Meanwhile, Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com could display sponsored search results when you use it to search for information. And it also displays advertisements randomly to promote unwanted products. Your online activities are monitored by this nasty Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com virus. Therefore, for sake of your privacy and peaceful life, it’s necessary for you to follow the removal steps and remove Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com as soon as you can.
How Does Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com Invade The System?
In many cases, this browser hijacker comes to your computer through email attachments. You may receive an email from an unknown person, which has an attachment. If you click to open the attachment with curiosity, you may download this redirect virus unknowingly. Besides, this redirect virus may get into your computer via hacked websites. Websites that have hacked by cyber hackers often contain many dangerous content and if you carelessly any suspicious links or pop-up ads in them, you may download this redirect virus or other malware onto your computer. Additionally, free software can also contribute to the spread of the redirect virus. Some freeware looks legitimate, but actually contain malicious codes of the redirect virus. Downloading and installing such software could lead to redirect virus infection, too. Therefore, extra caution is needed when you are surfing on the internet.
What Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com Brings to You
1.Browser default homepage and search engine are changed without any permission.
2.There are lots of advertisements popping up on the browsers, which badly affects your surfing experience.
3.Other types of malware may be dropped into your computer when you click on the unwelcome ads.
4.The browser performance is drastically slowed down since many ads are downloaded and displayed on the web pages.
5.Your personal information like usernames, passwords may be collected and sent to the remote cyber hackers.
How to Remove Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com should have been removed from your PC now.
If you are not a computer expert, you are suggested to remove Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com automatically with Spyhunter since any inappropriate deleting may cause your computer to crash down. Download and Install Spyhunter to smash Search.hquickmapsanddirections.com right now! Also, Spyhunter can protect your computer from other sorts of malware like spyware, ransomware and trojan as an after removing bonus.