You may have difficulties in removing Search.gracepot.com. This guide shows how to remove this website from IE and other browsers. Please read on if you need assistance.
What is Search.gracepot.com?
Search.gracepot.com has been classified as annoying browser hijacker that is capable of hijacking all kind of browser and deliver nasty advertisement to highly corrupt your browser and mislead you into online deal to generate money. It will not let you to visit any legit sites but it often redirect your web page to its on domain to generate revenue. Generally, Search.gracepot.com enters automatically while you are careless to do online activities as when you click some spam emails attachment and porn links, download freeware program from unsafe websites etc. So, security expert alert from doing this type of activities so that computer could be safe from attacking other infections.
Once Search.gracepot.com invaded on the PC, it will keep your browser totally corrupted with numerous advertisement that from deceptive website for fetching troubles on the PC for generating lots of revenue. Apart from that, it will modify your browser settings after that if you surf online on the browser for searching anything, it will redirect you to wander malicious web page which may take chance to fetch other infection and virus to seriously endanger your PC. It would create high sever situation on the PC for exploiting your browsing experience as it would be enable to record your browsing habits, login details, bank account details and so on other private information of PC to bad Guys for illegally access into your PC then after you may have to face big issue as lose of money and serious damage of PC. So, Guys if you have found Search.gracepot.com on the PC, you should delete it completely as soon as possible for defending your PC from more damage.
How does Search.gracepot.com get into your computer without your computer?
Usually it can bundle with the free software downloads, if users not pay attention to the optional installation of the freeware, you may allow computer threats like Search.gracepot.com to get into your computer with your permission. Besides, opening spam email attachments or visiting questionable websites like porn, gambling, sites will also the way to get infected by computer threats. It would be better to uncheck the anything unfamiliar before you agree to download any freeware onto your computer. on the other hand, it is suggested to keep your antivirus up to date and scan your computer frequently. Since it can disguise its related files via using the rookit technology, we will introduce two solutions to get rid of it immediately! You are welcome to read the rest of the post.
How to Remove Search.gracepot.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Search.gracepot.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Search.gracepot.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Search.gracepot.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Anyway, please know that not to let a mistake installed the adware on your computer. Search.gracepot.com pop-up is a miserable program. For it may cause many issues to your system, including slow your searching speed, collapsing your browser, and altering the settings of your system. So please try to uninstall it from your computer, and if you cannot remove it manually, please try to uninstall it automatically with SpyHunter.