Hi, I need your help! Recently I encounter a problem that my browser default homepage has been changed to Qareaste.info, which provides a search engine on the page, without my permission. I get used to searching the net using Google. So I try resetting Google as my default homepage and search engine, but I fail. I also run my antivirus program to scan the whole system (because I suspect that there is a virus on my computer); however, nothing suspicious is found. So, how should I remove Qareaste.info from my browser? Any help is appreciated.
What is Qareaste.info?
Qareaste.info is considered as unreliable domain which comes under the category of browser hijacker. Usually, it comes bundled with the free softwares in the PC and gets installed as an extension in the web browsers such as IE, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc. You will find unwanted changes in the homepage settings of the browser and Qareaste.info will appear as default search engine. Like a genuine site, it will provide a search bar and pretends to be a real page. But when you will start surfing and enter any query then it will mislead you to unauthorized pages of the third parties. In fact, it can make use of your browsing history or cookies to display advertisements. It only aims to promote the affiliate programs of the remote hackers and tactics on the users to purchase from its links. It is also possible that it will open lots of new tabs in the browser. Trusting these alerts can result extremely dangerous for your personal identity and system efficiency. You need to know that Qareaste.info is not a legitimate pa
ge, so do not visit its links anymore.
Once Qareaste.info hijacker enters the targeted OS, it hides many files and codes so as to bypass being detected and deleted. Besides, this malware inserts unknown add-ons to Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox stealthily and silently. It could automatically install its toolbar as well. You can get a search box like some legal domains. However, many sponsored or useless links would be listed in front of the search results.
On the other hand, Qareaste.info malware will constantly redirect your domains to certain commercial pages. If you buy products or goods on those pop-up windows, creators of Qareaste.info hijacker will gain benefits. But you may even get additional unwanted program when clicking any links on those webs. Such threats would peer on your sensitive information saved on the Windows. Then your PC could be destroyed further. To well protect both your machine and your privacy, you should remove Qareaste.info browser hijacker ASAP.
Signs of Being Infected
1. Your default homepage of browser like Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer are changed to Qareaste.info.
2. When you click on the search results, you are redirected to websites which don’t match the original website RULs.
3. Lots of ads pops up on the web pages that you browse and most of them match your interests or search habits.
4. Computer running speed and network speed are obviously reduced.
5. New websites URLs are added to your bookmark list and favorite folder.
6. Unknown toolbars appear on your browser, which you don’t remember having installed.
How Does Qareaste.info Invade Your PC?
The redirect virus often invades your computer via freeware that you have downloaded from the Internet. When you download and install freeware or shareware that comes from unreliable sources, you may give the redirect virus a chance to infect your PC. Besides, the redirect virus may break into your computer through spam email attachments. Opening attachments specially sent by cyber hackers runs the high risk of downloading malware like Qareaste.info redirect virus to your computer. Another common tool used by the redirect virus to enter your PC is via malicious websites or legitimate websites that have been hacked by the rogue hackers. When you happen to click on the suspicious links or pop-ups within the websites, you may unintentionally download the redirect virus or other malware to your machine. Therefore, you should use extra caution when surfing on the Internet.
How to Remove Qareaste.info Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Qareaste.info Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Qareaste.info and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Qareaste.info should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: Feel like the manual removal a little complicated? Wanna try something simple and automatic? Do you still have other choice? YES! The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can be your first choice to remove Qareaste.info simply and automatically. Download and install Spyhunter to kick Qareaste.info out of your computer without any hesitation!