Google Chrome web browser is working weired on my Windows 7 computer system. It got change of homepage without my permission or consent. Profittower.net has replaced my previous homepage and I got several other changes. I am finding installation of unknown programs and change of desktop background images. Many new shortcuts icons have appeared on my desktop and while web browsing unstoppable online advertisements are coming on my web browser interface. I tried to change web browser settings for previous configuration but no luck. Please help!! to remove Profittower.net from my web browser.
What is Profittower.net?
Profittower.net is classified as a malicious redirect virus which hijacks many web browsers. Your PC would catch the malware when you carefully download or install unauthorized freeware, open junk email attachments or visit suspicious links. After then, you’ll suffer a lot from chaotic online activities. Profittower.net virus replaces your homepage and search engine without asking for any permission. The redirect virus stealthily alters your default browser settings. The unknown program pretends to be a helpful engine to enrich your web browsing activities. But this is not believable. A lot of sponsored links would be added to search results.
Besides, pages are constantly redirected to commercial pages. Profittower.net virus also offers shortcuts to some familiar programs. But if you click on them, you could be asked to download certain unwanted apps or malware like stamplive.com pop-up virus. On the other hand, the browser hijacker has the capability to occupy many system resources. It seriously slows up the PC performance including network connection. You would get error pages at times. What’s more, Profittower.net virus inserts harmful Registry keys without asking for any permission. It disguises as a legit system to bypass many antivirus tools. Therefore, it’s highly advised to take effective guide to remove Profittower.net redirect virus.
How does Profittower.net get into your computer without your computer?
Usually it can bundle with the free software downloads, if users not pay attention to the optional installation of the freeware, you may allow computer threats like Profittower.net to get into your computer with your permission. Besides, opening spam email attachments or visiting questionable websites like porn, gambling, sites will also the way to get infected by computer threats. It would be better to uncheck the anything unfamiliar before you agree to download any freeware onto your computer. on the other hand, it is suggested to keep your antivirus up to date and scan your computer frequently. Since it can disguise its related files via using the rookit technology, we will introduce two solutions to get rid of it immediately! You are welcome to read the rest of the post.
How to Remove Profittower.net Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
You can first try removing the browser from the affected browsers and then fix the browser shortcuts. Then, restart the computer and see if the browser hijacker has been removed. If not, you need to take one more action – run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces in order to permanently remove it out of your PC. Please follow the guide below.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Profittower.net and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Profittower.net should have been removed from your PC now.
If you are not a computer expert, you are suggested to remove Profittower.net automatically with Spyhunter since any inappropriate deleting may cause your computer to crash down. Download and Install Spyhunter to smash Profittower.net right now! Also, Spyhunter can protect your computer from other sorts of malware like spyware, ransomware and trojan as an after removing bonus.