Is your computer infected with PlayBar New Tab? Has it redirected you web page to suspicious website. Does it fetch nasty ads in mean time of browsing and prevent you to visit any site. Don’t mind! Now let you to read this post to know how to remove PlayBar New Tab permanently from PC. Read this post step by step to remove it completely and easily.
What is PlayBar New Tab?
PlayBar New Tab belongs to the family of browser hijacker virus that gets installed in your machine while installing any third party programs or software. Once it gets enter to your PC, you will find that all your search results are frequently being rerouted to PlayBar New Tab websites and some other unknown domains while browsing the Internet. This threat primarily target your recent web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Chrome. However, PlayBar New Tab malware usually get bundled with some different free software or programs and get installed by default. After getting installed on the users PC, it will alter the default settings of the browser and the infected computer.
What is PlayBar New Tab?
PlayBar New Tab is regarded as a pesky browser hijacker which causes constant redirects on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The unknown program can attack your system through insecure online resources. It usually drops suspicious files in key system folders after its successful invasion. PlayBar New Tab virus can make itself run along with the operating system. Meanwhile, the hijacker eats up most system resources and degrades the PC performance seriously. Like cassiopesa.com virus and oursurfing.com hijacker, the malware alters default browser settings automatically. After then, your nightmare will just begin.
PlayBar New Tab will replace your start page and search engine without asking for any permission. It offers many sponsored links when you try to make searches as before. Besides, the redirect virus could display annoying in-text links on your visiting pages. As a typical browser hijacker, the unknown program would redirect your desired pages to commercial or suspicious websites. In such case, you’ll be unable to surf the network as normal. What’s worse, PlayBar New Tab malware may track down your online details and gather sensitive information. This is much dangerous. Hence, we highly advise you remove PlayBar New Tab virus once it appears.
Symptoms of Being Infected:
1. Browser default homepage and search engine are changed to PlayBar New Tab without any knowledge and permission.
2. Lots of ads and deals pop up on the web pages that you visit. Those pops up appear almost on every page that you browse, especially on websites like Ebay, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy.
3. Search results are constantly redirected to unknown websites. When you click on certain search results, the web pages are redirected to websites that have nothing to do with those you intend to visit.
4. Unknown toolbars, plug-ins or extensions appear your browsers, which you don’t know and have never installed.
5. Network speed gets slower and sometimes the network is disconnected without appear reason.
6. New website URLs are added to the Favorite folder.
7. Computer performance degrades weirdly. It often takes a longer time to perform a simple task.
How to Remove PlayBar New Tab Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
PlayBar New Tab Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of PlayBar New Tab and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. PlayBar New Tab should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: It is not suggested that you manually remove the PlayBar New Tab redirect virus, for it is a rather complicated and risky task. The most effective and safest way to get rid of this threat is to download and use a professional malware removal tool such as SpyHunter. This removal tool can not only delete the redirect virus thoroughly, but also help protect your computer from malicious attacks. Click the button below to download this tool now.