Unlike virus, Peapoon would not directly attack your system, but it will use ads as an intermediary. How does it work? It should start from its another feature: spying on the information and data communicating through the browsers. It could monitor many kinds of browsers, including microsoft edge, google chrome, internet explorer, mozilla firefox, safari and so forth. And it will sense what is your favorite or your urgent need so that it will use this information to fabricate ads to your liking.
After it finished to catch your attentions, Peapoon will go to the second steps and that is to lead you the its associated sites or download some freeware or shareware. As a exchange, it could have commission from the owners of these sites. And your data may still be used in other ways, such as stealing your money, blackmailing you, or selling to the lawbreakers.
If you don’t want to be the next victim of Peapoon, you should remove it immediately. You may have many troubles when you are doing this. So please refer to the removal guides here.
Harmful Consequences Of Peapoon
Peapoon left nasty impact onto the targeted PC which make it completely sick. Go through the listed points below.
1. Peapoon has the potential to display misleading alerts, fake notification, error message just to threaten user.
2. It interrupts while browsing and display tons of annoying pop-ups at the same time.
3. It completely hijacks the browser and redirect the searched queries.
4. Once this adware program slips into your PC, its obvious that PC may work extremely slow.
The Peapoon has the following features:
1. It has a strong power to affect all well-known web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and more other web browsers. In other words, it is able to modify your web browser settings and add itself as browser add-on onto your web browser. You will find your web browser default home page and the default search engine are replaced by others.
2. It can track your online searches, record your browsing activity, and collect your personal information for unknown intentions.
3. Every time you browse the websites, this program will generate and display numerous pop-up ads containing great deals, coupons, discounts and sales promotions to trick you into clicking so that its developers can get pay-per-click revenue. You should not trust any of those ads because they mostly contain some malicious software, spyware, ransomware, adware, Trojan horse and other infections. Any clicking is activating the viruses and downloading them to invade your computer deeply.
Note:If you need a instant removal help for Peapoon, it is suggested to install a reputable and ultra- powerful Adware removal tool on your computer:
How to remove Peapoon from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of Peapoon PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of Peapoon. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate Peapoon from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Peapoon within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Peapoon adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the Peapoon, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall Peapoon From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Peapoon in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Peapoon in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Peapoon from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove Peapoon From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for Peapoon and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for Peapoon and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for Peapoon and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Peapoon.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type Peapoon into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by Peapoon.
Attention: Peapoon is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove Peapoon using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of Peapoon from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove Peapoon adware. As we mentioned above, Peapoon is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove Peapoon.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove Peapoon from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
The adware have been a real headache to lots of computer users worldwide. They can be created every once in a while and put on the Internet among malicious web sites, freeware and spam attachments. They can also attack most of the systems including Windows 7, Vista and XP. Even though your computer has been protected by antivirus software, it can still have the chances to be attacked by this Peapoon virus because this virus doesn’t need permission to install. And once it’s installed successfully, it can even hide itself deep down in the targeted systems from being seen. You can experience constant stuck on the computer and everything runs very slow. Many security pop ups will also be displayed. But the most dangerous part of this Peapoon virus is that it can help computer hackers gather all the valuable information on targeted computers. So it should be removed completely.
- Effectively Remove GreatZip from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Trojan.Ransomcrypt.AL from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove ‘.excuses File Extension’ Ransomware from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove PopDeals from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Couponsmillion.com? (Useful Removal Guide)
- Effectively Remove Yeadesktop.com from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Trojan.Tinba.C!gm from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Remove Searchello Safe Search Engine from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)