Since past some days I am having to face problem of PDFConverter New Tab on the PC. Actually, it has replaced my homepage to this one and redirect my web page to unknown sites. This is very annoying program that has kept my browser full of nasty ads. I don’t to know how to eliminate this. So, someone are requested to help me to take PDFConverter New Tab off completely?
What is PDFConverter New Tab?
PDFConverter New Tab belongs to the family of browser hijacker virus that gets installed in your machine while installing any third party programs or software. Once it gets enter to your PC, you will find that all your search results are frequently being rerouted to PDFConverter New Tab websites and some other unknown domains while browsing the Internet. This threat primarily target your recent web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Chrome. However, PDFConverter New Tab malware usually get bundled with some different free software or programs and get installed by default. After getting installed on the users PC, it will alter the default settings of the browser and the infected computer.
What is PDFConverter New Tab?
PDFConverter New Tab is defined as a malicious browser hijacker which affects many computers all over the world. The pesky program is able to get into the target system along with free downloads from the Internet, spam email attachments and suspicious links. After then, you’ll have to deal with a lot of troubles. PDFConverter New Tab virus will automatically drop boot-up files to the system and run whenever you launch the operating system. Besides, your whole PC would be slowed down obviously. Certain programs crash from time to time. Moreover, the Internet connection could shut down when you browse the web.
As a typical browser hijacker, PDFConverter New Tab virus has the ability to change default browser settings. It replaces your homepage and search engine without asking for any permission. But when you make searches with this unknown application, you’ll get numerous sponsored links. In addition, you would be redirected to commercial pages randomly. It’s clear PDFConverter New Tab hijacker will try hard to promote products and gather extra profits. On the other hand, the malware may trace down your web browsing cookies and details to gather sensitive information. This is rather dangerous. Therefore, you’d better remove PDFConverter New Tab virus once it occurs.
PDFConverter New Tab is a crazy bug.
1.It slows down your computer by eating up the system resource. You will go through it needs a much longer time to run any program or download a webpage.
2.It tracks down your online activities and collects the information for the third commercial parties, which is why the ads you receive are so close to your searching habits.
3.It may steal your personal sensitive information such as banking account details and some account log in details.
4.It will definitely drop additional PUPs onto your computer, for example, browser hijacker istartsurf.com, adware gorilla price and trojan.
How to Remove PDFConverter New Tab Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
PDFConverter New Tab Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of PDFConverter New Tab and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. PDFConverter New Tab should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: after reading this essay, have you got a certain understanding of PDFConverter New Tab? PDFConverter New Tab should be removed as soon as possible before it makes more damages to your operating system. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in manually dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, you are recommended to download Spyhunter to automatically remove this hijacker from your PC quickly and effectively.