I can’t delete PCProtect and it just keeps coming back once the computer is restarted. I couldn’t find it in the registry. PCProtect is really annoying. Popups are everywhere due to PCProtect. Any help would be appreciate.” No worries, keep reading this post and get your computer issue fixed at once.
PCProtect is able to control the web browser and do some annoying things to interrupt the computer users’ online activities. It makes a lot of computer users feel frustrated. Once it sneaks into the computer system, it generates a lot of unknown files in the computer system so that it can execute evil actions to interfere with your operations in the computer system. You should not look down upon PCProtect.
You may be wondering how the adware can get into your computer system. There are several online items used by the developers to spread this adware: free programs, junk email attachments and web links. Today, more and more adware infections are released and used to generate advertising revenue. You may get such an adware PCProtect easily and if you keep and use it in the computer system, you suffer from more and more annoying problems. Once you find its ads appearing on your machine, you should pay more attention to your system security. If it cannot be promptly removed, it will cause more problems on your machine. To improve your web browsing experience and avoid unnecessary problems, you should take actions to get rid of PCProtect.
How PCProtect Damage Your PC
PCProtect is a very lethal Trojan horse virus which has misrepresented as an useful and safe program for computers, but in real PCProtect perform such malicious and harmful activities:
Allow remote access of your computer and export your personal identifiable, logging details (user name, passwords and other credentials) of online social or banking accounts, confidential information of credit card uses, location and specification of your computer to a remote server.
PCProtectvery destructive PCProtect Trojan virus can read, write, modify, download, execute and delete files on your computer.
It changes system registry, MBR, startup log and Internet settings at first to fulfill its main objectives to support cyber criminals.
It download and install several other spyware like keylogger, browser hijacker, adware, Trojan and even viruses too.
Note: If you remove the adware by manual, any mistakes caused during the process may lead to irreparable damage for your computer system, therefore you are strongly recommended to use a professional malware removal tool to fulfill the removal.
How to remove PCProtect from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of PCProtect PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of PCProtect. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate PCProtect from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by PCProtect within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- PCProtect adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the PCProtect, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall PCProtect From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for PCProtect in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for PCProtect in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for PCProtect from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove PCProtect From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for PCProtect and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for PCProtect and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for PCProtect and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by PCProtect.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type PCProtect into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by PCProtect.
Attention: PCProtect is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove PCProtect using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of PCProtect from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove PCProtect adware. As we mentioned above, PCProtect is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove PCProtect.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove PCProtect from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
PCProtect is built to take evil action to target PC. When it has successfully got into the infected computer, it starts to collect confidential information such as full name, email address, phone number and financial data. It may lead to financial loss. It loads large amount of progresses of itself so that the computer is not able to respond to other safe progresses. It disables internet connection and destructs system stability. It degrades security level to let hacker remotely control of the victim system to compass their illegal purpose. Due to the fact that this PCProtect can change and upgrade as time goes by, one should be rely on online instructions closely to every file. With the ability to spread fast, files associated with this Trojan can be scattered under more locations.
- How to Remove Backdoor.Batel from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Track.popmog.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove See Results Hub? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Nebula Exploit Kit from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove WordShark? (Useful Removal Guide)
- Effectively Remove PUA.Softonic from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove cookingrecepies.faith? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Magniber Ransomware? (Useful Removal Guide)