This article mainly describes what PC Health Aid is and how to remove it from the infected computer completely. Additionally, this article gives useful tips to avoid getting malware in the end. If you have fallen victim to PC Health Aid and still found no effective way to get rid of it, then you can continue reading and learn how to remove PC Health Aid from your PC for good.
What is PC Health Aid?
Doc Assistant pretends to be a helpful tool to enrich your web browsing activities. But it carries out many malicious actions on the targeted computer. The unwanted program is able to get into your system through unauthorized free downloads, suspicious links and junk email attachments. The nasty program will insert boot-up keys without any consent. When running in the background, Doc Assistant takes up high system resources. That is, the adware will slow down your whole PC performance greatly. In some cases, your web browser would freeze up.
In addition, PC Health Aid adds new add-ons to IE, Firefox and Chrome secretly. It generates numerous ads such as coupons, deals, savings and offers. Meanwhile, the pesky program is able to trace your browsing activities and online history. It gathers your net surfing habits and displays attracting pop-ups. However, it’s not advisable to click those PC Health Aid ads. They may contain other threats which can further destroy the computer. Even, malicious programs could be dropped automatically on the system. On the other hand, the pest may collect your personal information and sell for illegal purposes. Therefore, to well protect both your machine and the private data, you’d better remove PC Health Aid once it appears.
Major Malicious Activities Performed by PC Health Aid
As soon as PC Health Aid invade and successfully gets installed in the compromises PC, it immediately starts its malicious activities. The default browser gets totally hijacked and your System gets automatically connected to remote host of cyber culprits. You would notice continuous pop us of sponsored advertisements which are very annoying. It tracks your browsing habits and then show pop ups based on your search history. The sponsored advertisements may also come even if you are not surfing and just connected to Internet. Here is the adverse effect of PC Health Aid infection in brief:
Irritates users with excessive advertisements and sponsored links
Change the browser setting including the default browser homepage, search engine as well as DNS settings
Adds plug-ins and add-ons in the browser toolbar that records user activities and tries to skip confidential information
If you have noticed any symptoms of PC Health Aid infection then it is high time to take care of your PC. Take the necessary steps to uninstall PC Health Aid infection which includes either the automatic PC Health Aid removal tool or removing the infection with manual process.
How to remove PC Health Aid from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of PC Health Aid PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of PC Health Aid. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate PC Health Aid from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by PC Health Aid within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- PC Health Aid adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the PC Health Aid, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall PC Health Aid From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for PC Health Aid in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for PC Health Aid in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for PC Health Aid from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove PC Health Aid From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for PC Health Aid and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for PC Health Aid and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for PC Health Aid and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by PC Health Aid.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type PC Health Aid into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by PC Health Aid.
Attention: PC Health Aid is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove PC Health Aid using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of PC Health Aid from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove PC Health Aid adware. As we mentioned above, PC Health Aid is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove PC Health Aid.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove PC Health Aid from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
PC Health Aid is a adware. It disseminates in pornographic websites, spam emails and unsafe free software. Antivirus software cannot stop its attack effectively. As a troublesome virus, it is able to invite other infections to root in your computer, which will bring more damages to the computer. It also has the ability to damage or hide your documents. What is worse, it is a dangerous thief that can break into your computer to take anything it wants. Therefore, you are advised to have it removed as early as possible.
- How to Remove Trojan.Cryptlock.AH!gm from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Dark Tequila from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Remove Oossek.com from Your Computer? (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge)
- How to Remove Imniclip.com from Your Computer? (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge)
- How to Remove PUA.MicrofastPC? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove MirageISO from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove Critical-virus.info from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Krypte Ransomware from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)