Hi, what is Nav Search? Today I ran my browser to search for something; but I found a strange thing that my default search engine had been changed to Nav Search – a search engine which I had never heard of. Google was my previous default search engine and I just can’t figure out why it is replaced by this unknown one! How can I remove Nav Search and set back Google as my default search engine? Any help is appreciated.
Manually removing the browser hijacker is not an easy job, since it requires users to accomplish several complicated steps. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the Nav Search, then just download and use a powerful malware removal tool. This can guarantee a complete and safe removal of it.
What is Nav Search?
Nav Search is classified as a redirect virus which is spreaded all across the world. It is a nasty browser infection that pretends to be legitimate website and automatically gets added within the web browser of the compromised machine. Usually, such type of creepy threat comes in user’s contact when they download pirated software or other free stuffs from unsafe internet sources, open spam email attachments, use defective file sharing tool and lots more. As soon as Nav Search got inserted, you will notice great chaos into your computer as the entire system default settings gets modified without your consent. Default homepage gets replaced with this suspicious domain and there will be alteration in web browser settings and DNS configurations as well. Users need to know that Nav Search is a harmful domain that is worth not trusting and has been designed basically to increase malicious web traffic and generate revenue for the web hackers.
To be more specific, Nav Search does not let you be familiar with any of the legitimate website and floods the entire screen with thousands of sponsored products, contextual links, promotional codes, popup ads and more. It is an annoying infection which sneaks into targeted computer and often bundled with free downloaded pirated software. Apart from this, such infectious browser threat compromises security of the infected machine and make entry of several harmful parasites such as trojan, rootkit, worm, virus etc. into victimized computer and end up resulting in system corruption. It could even reveal your privacy for illicit work and makes you a identity theft victim. So, it is suggested to remove Nav Search at the earliest without any delay and prevent further danger to occur.
Symptoms of Being Infected:
1. Browser default homepage and search engine are changed to Nav Search without any knowledge and permission.
2. Lots of ads and deals pop up on the web pages that you visit. Those pops up appear almost on every page that you browse, especially on websites like Ebay, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy.
3. Search results are constantly redirected to unknown websites. When you click on certain search results, the web pages are redirected to websites that have nothing to do with those you intend to visit.
4. Unknown toolbars, plug-ins or extensions appear your browsers, which you don’t know and have never installed.
5. Network speed gets slower and sometimes the network is disconnected without appear reason.
6. New website URLs are added to the Favorite folder.
7. Computer performance degrades weirdly. It often takes a longer time to perform a simple task.
How to Remove Nav Search Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Nav Search Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Nav Search and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Nav Search should have been removed from your PC now.
Nav Search should be got rid of without any discussion since you are going through a lot of mess. Spyhunter not only can uninstall Nav Search but also can protect your computer from other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware in the future. Download and Install Spyhunterto be your first computer safeguard!