How to uninstall Maps and Driving Pop-up from your Internet browser? If you have never installed this annoying program, but still it is on your web browser as an add-on? Even it is not in your system’s control panel and you didn’t know how can you eliminate it? This program slows down your computer performance? If you can not find a way to delete it, then here is a simple and easy guide that will help you to eliminate Maps and Driving Pop-up from your machine completely and permanently.
What is Maps and Driving?
Maps and Driving is caused mainly by annoying adware program that silently get added and bring lots of modifications in essential system settings. This nasty threat is designed by evil hackers mainly to irritate user while surfing. Once activated, Maps and Driving will never let you surf freely rather make you annoyed by making your browser’s search result hijacked to website full of sponsored links, ads, pop ups along with error messages. Maps and Driving is designed such a way that it look exactly like genuine advertisements and will make you convince to click on that message or pop up. This nasty threat is capable to track all your valuable information and details like user account number, passwords, IP address along with other confidential data by tracking your online details. What’s more devastating, Maps and Driving will mix up its code in the start up section along with the main motive to get reloaded every time after system get restarted. Thus, it is advised to take any quick action against Maps and Driving and thus solve all your system’s issues.
Once Maps and Driving invaded on the PC, it will keep your browser totally corrupted with numerous advertisement that from deceptive website for fetching troubles on the PC for generating lots of revenue. Apart from that, it will modify your browser settings after that if you surf online on the browser for searching anything, it will redirect you to wander malicious web page which may take chance to fetch other infection and virus to seriously endanger your PC. It would create high sever situation on the PC for exploiting your browsing experience as it would be enable to record your browsing habits, login details, bank account details and so on other private information of PC to bad Guys for illegally access into your PC then after you may have to face big issue as lose of money and serious damage of PC. So, Guys if you have found Maps and Driving on the PC, you should delete it completely as soon as possible for defending your PC from more damage.
Signs of Being Infected
1. Your default homepage of browser like Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer are changed to Maps and Driving.
2. When you click on the search results, you are redirected to websites which don’t match the original website RULs.
3. Lots of ads pops up on the web pages that you browse and most of them match your interests or search habits.
4. Computer running speed and network speed are obviously reduced.
5. New websites URLs are added to your bookmark list and favorite folder.
6. Unknown toolbars appear on your browser, which you don’t remember having installed.
How Does Maps and Driving Invade Your PC?
The redirect virus often invades your computer via freeware that you have downloaded from the Internet. When you download and install freeware or shareware that comes from unreliable sources, you may give the redirect virus a chance to infect your PC. Besides, the redirect virus may break into your computer through spam email attachments. Opening attachments specially sent by cyber hackers runs the high risk of downloading malware like Maps and Driving redirect virus to your computer. Another common tool used by the redirect virus to enter your PC is via malicious websites or legitimate websites that have been hacked by the rogue hackers. When you happen to click on the suspicious links or pop-ups within the websites, you may unintentionally download the redirect virus or other malware to your machine. Therefore, you should use extra caution when surfing on the Internet.
How to Remove Maps and Driving Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Maps and Driving Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Maps and Driving and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Maps and Driving should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: after reading this essay, have you got a certain understanding of Maps and Driving? Maps and Driving should be removed as soon as possible before it makes more damages to your operating system. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in manually dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, you are recommended to download Spyhunter to automatically remove this hijacker from your PC quickly and effectively.