Hi, I need your help! Recently I encounter a problem that my browser default homepage has been changed to Livesupportsys.com, which provides a search engine on the page, without my permission. I get used to searching the net using Google. So I try resetting Google as my default homepage and search engine, but I fail. I also run my antivirus program to scan the whole system (because I suspect that there is a virus on my computer); however, nothing suspicious is found. So, how should I remove Livesupportsys.com from my browser? Any help is appreciated.
What is Livesupportsys.com?
Livesupportsys.com is a phishing website hosted by the scammers which is created to promote the spam products and services that charges lots of money from the users. In addition, your system can be infected by this hijacker virus after you download and install free applications or software provided by insecure file sharing websites. Livesupportsys.com malicious domain requires you to install the freeware program through the installer, which attaching number of malware and unwanted programs. Thus, users need to deselect the unwanted options during the installation process if they really want to avoid infections such as Livesupportsys.com. Otherwise, your Internet browsers including Opera, Safari, IE, Firefox, Edge and Chrome will be hijacked by this virus. Most of your online activities on the infected web browsers will be rerouted to Livesupportsys.com website which display bogus software updating or virus attacking warnings to lure you to install few malware or contact unknown company in order to get fake technical services that will force you to pay lots of mone
y. Therefore, it would be better for you to eradicate Livesupportsys.com virus from your computer as quickly as possible.
How Livesupportsys.com Virus Sneak In Your System?
Infections, such as Livesupportsys.com they slide their way into system undetected. They not only invade your system, but do it easily without you consent. However, Livesupportsys.com threat is very adept at the art of deception. More often than not, users fall into scammers tricks as this malware hides behind freeware program, spam email attachments, corrupt links or Web pages. Also, this perilous virus pretends to be fake versions like Java or Adobe Flash Player. Since the infection is based on mischievous ways mostly, at least, do your best and be extra cautious while installing freeware programs. Remember that even a little extra attention today can save you a ton of trouble tomorrow.
Evil traits of Livesupportsys.com virus:
PC will take a long time to load a website, trigger software, frequent system crash and shut down.
Livesupportsys.com virus can damage windows files and registries, making system vulnerable.
Replaces your homepage and changes its background image.
Computer will become slow and sluggish
Unwanted programs will get installed
Browsers are rerouted to random pages
Irritating pop-ups and ads will take over your screen.
How to Remove Livesupportsys.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
You can first try removing the browser from the affected browsers and then fix the browser shortcuts. Then, restart the computer and see if the browser hijacker has been removed. If not, you need to take one more action – run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces in order to permanently remove it out of your PC. Please follow the guide below.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Livesupportsys.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Livesupportsys.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Livesupportsys.com could be troublesome and should be deleted timely to avoid potential risk. Manual removal is an efficient way to get rid of this hijacking. But if you are not confident to finish the manual process, you are suggested to uninstall Livesupportsys.com by starting an automatic removal with SpyHunter from here.