There is a problem on my PC. I used Google as my homepage; however, another website called “Instant Directions Search” has replaced Google as my default homepage. All my attempts to reset Google as my homepage were in vain. Instant Directions Search appears on my browser again and again. How can I remove this nasty website completely? Please help me.
Manually removing the browser hijacker is not an easy job, since it requires users to accomplish several complicated steps. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the Instant Directions Search, then just download and use a powerful malware removal tool. This can guarantee a complete and safe removal of it.
What is Instant Directions Search?
Instant Directions Search is yet another detection in browser hijacker which pretends itself helpful for the users. It is created by the cyber crooks to earn illegal profits. It can penetrate in the PC when user clicks on such infected links. In the presence of Instant Directions Search, you will not be able to work normally on the system. It will also create fake extensions in Google Chrome, add-ons in the Mozilla Firefox, plug-ins in the Internet Explorer without the users consent. It seems like a legitimate shopping site which allows the users to purchase daily deals, Books and Magazines, Automotive, Electronics, Computer & Softwares and many more. You will find variety of deals and offers which seems very attractive in the first look but it is not trustworthy. It is only a trick of the hackers to ean illegal profits by fooling the users. When you will proceed to buy products from its given links then hackers will secretlly keep track on your activities. They will immediately record your keystrokes when you will type any sensitive informations rel
ated to bank account number, passwords, login Id, credit card information and many more. Hackers can use you data for illegal purpose which is not safe for your personal identity. Thus, do not trust the alerts displayed by Instant Directions Search during your web session.
Such annoying threat may insert a lot of malevolent codes to your working browsers by which it makes various modifications in your default home page, search engine or other settings of your browser without seeking any knowledge. This threat may be dropped in your system unintentionally while you open junk mails attachments and click on intrusive pop-up links. By changing the registry engines or other start up sections, Instant Directions Search may be load up in the background automatically each time when you reboot the system to perform any activities. Now, you might notice that some legitimate system files may be put at high risk. It may collapse the Windows machine and slow down the running speed of machine randomly. When Instant Directions Search lurking in the browsers, it is created to record the surfing experiences of user and collects reliable cookies, browsing history and other online data. Hence, you should delete Instant Directions Search from the computer immediately once it is detected.
Why Need to Remove Instant Directions Search Redirect?
1.It may download malicious files onto your PC.
2.It may modify your browser settings and DNS configuration without any consent.
3.It may change your browser default homepage and search engine.
4.It may prevent you from visiting security-related websites.
5.It may disable your antivirus program in order to escape from detection and removal.
6.It may bring other types of threats like Trojans, worms, and redirect virus.
7.It may monitor and record your online activities and send that data to its creators.
How to Remove Instant Directions Search Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Instant Directions Search Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Instant Directions Search and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Instant Directions Search should have been removed from your PC now.
Instant Directions Search could be troublesome and should be deleted timely to avoid potential risk. Manual removal is an efficient way to get rid of this hijacking. But if you are not confident to finish the manual process, you are suggested to uninstall Instant Directions Search by starting an automatic removal with SpyHunter from here.