These few days I notice that my webpage is always covered with lots of pop up Greener Web especially when I visit shopping websites like Amazon. I don’t know what Greener Web is and I remember I didn’t install this application before. I try to close annoying pop up windows but they keep coming back after a while. Those advertisements show that they can give me favorable discounts, but I can’t find any satisfactory products when I click them. Now I can’t browse the web normally as usual since Greener Web appears. Who can tell me how to permanently remove those annoying Generous Deal ads? Many thanks!
What is Greener Web?
Greener Web is a malicious application which disguises as a legit browser add-on and attacks Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The malware is able to enter your PC through bundled freeware, spam email attachments and suspicious websites. After its infiltration, Greener Web starts to carry out vicious activities. It makes changes to important system and browser settings. After then, the adware runs along with the system. Besides, lots of ads will be shown on the screen to interrupt your web browsing work. Actually, Greener Web adware could take record of your online activities and surfing history.
Greener Web collects your habits and generates numerous attracting coupons, deals, discounts, savings and offers, and so on. If you accidentally or willingly click any of them, you could be led to buy expensive or unworthy products. Even, additional malware could take chance to enter and further destroy your OS. Once you leave Greener Web in the system for a long time, it will gather your personal information like email login details. In such case, you’ll have to deal with many more troubles in the future. All in all, the earlier you remove Greener Web, the better it will be.
You are not fond of Greener Web pop-up ads
1.It can take up your system resource to degrade your computer performance.
2.It will invite more useless toolbars to attached to your web browser.
3.It may turn your text into hyperlink.
4.I t may change your background.
5.It will track and store your online traces such as search keywords, favorites, bookmarks, browser history.
How Greener Web adware run into your computer without your knowledge?
It pretends to be helpful to save your money and time, however, it is intrusive and get into your computer without your knowledge. Usually it can bundle with free software downloads or online games downloads or sneak into your computer via clicking unknown attachments, spam email attachments, visiting questionable websites, sharing malicious files with other users online, etc.
Note:To be able to complete a total removal for Greener Web infection, it is suggested to have the ability to handle the essential parts of the system. Any problems caused by the process can make the system fully useless, if you need instant help to remove this infection, you may consider running a trusted Adware Removal Tool on the computer:
How to remove Greener Web from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of Greener Web PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of Greener Web. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate Greener Web from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Greener Web within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Greener Web adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the Greener Web, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall Greener Web From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Greener Web in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Greener Web in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Greener Web from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove Greener Web From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for Greener Web and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for Greener Web and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for Greener Web and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Greener Web.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type Greener Web into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by Greener Web.
Attention: Greener Web is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove Greener Web using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of Greener Web from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove Greener Web adware. As we mentioned above, Greener Web is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove Greener Web.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove Greener Web from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
Several tips on how to prevent malware:
Avoid downloading files or software from unknown sites. If you want to install a program, please go to its official website or reliable sites to download it. It’s not suggested that you download it from some websites with bad reputations, for their products often contain software bundlers. Some confusing download icons on those sites can link you to other irrelevant sites and download unwanted apps.
Be cautious about clickable advertisements. Many web pages you visit may show you some clickable ads like “Play Now” or “Scan Now” which you don’t know which game or product will be downloaded. When you see those clickable ads and don’t know anything about it, for the sake of your PC security, you’d better note click on them. Otherwise, some unwanted programs like Your Interests Now will be downloaded and installed on your PC.
- How to Remove Todarius Ransomware? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove WanaCrypt0r Ransomware from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove LockCrypt 2.0 Ransomware from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Remove Linkzb.net? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Email-check.pro from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove LessTabs? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove PowerWare Ransomware from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove BrowserModifier: Win32/Sasquor from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)