There is a problem on my PC. I used Google as my homepage; however, another website called “Goldinvestingonline.xyz” has replaced Google as my default homepage. All my attempts to reset Google as my homepage were in vain. Goldinvestingonline.xyz appears on my browser again and again. How can I remove this nasty website completely? Please help me.
What is Goldinvestingonline.xyz?
Goldinvestingonline.xyz is recognized as browser hijacker which can secretly penetrate in your PC. From its appearance, no one can say that it is a fake site. It provides a search bar just like a legitimate search engine site and convince the users to use it for searching purpose. Goldinvestingonline.xyz claims to allow the users to search the web, images, videos, news, shopping etc. When you will click any of its links and enter any query in the search bar then your browser will be redirected to unauthorized pages. Clicking on shopping will generate lots of pop ups and advertisements on the screen with attractive deals, offers, discount coupons etc. It says that it will help you to save money and shop under your budget. All these alerts seems like real but it can result dangerous for your personal identity. When you will proceed for making payment from its links then hackers will secretly collect your sensitive data related to bank account, passwords, login Id, credit card number etc. Hackers can use your data for illegal activities which is com
pletely safe for your personal identity. Hence, you need to remove Goldinvestingonline.xyz instantly if it is available in your Windows PC.
First of all, Goldinvestingonline.xyz hijacker will add malicious add-ons to your web browser including Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. Meanwhile, many useless or suspicious files are inserted into key folders. As a result, you’ll be unable to work on the Internet as usual. Your favorite start page will become Goldinvestingonline.xyz while the default search engine is changed as well. This fake search provider offers many sponsored links to attract you to buy goods or use services. Then its creator could get benefits.
In some cases, Goldinvestingonline.xyz redirect displays random pop-up ads on the webpages you visit. If you accidentally click any of them, your machine could catch additional malware or PC viruses. Even, spyware takes chance to enter your system and records your keystrokes and online activities. Then personal data like bank account information and email login details would be sent away for illegal purposes. It’s clear that Goldinvestingonline.xyz is not a good thing. Please take effective way to remove this nasty hijacker immediately.
How to Remove Goldinvestingonline.xyz Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
You can first try removing the browser from the affected browsers and then fix the browser shortcuts. Then, restart the computer and see if the browser hijacker has been removed. If not, you need to take one more action – run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces in order to permanently remove it out of your PC. Please follow the guide below.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Goldinvestingonline.xyz and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Goldinvestingonline.xyz should have been removed from your PC now.