Please help with my computer! No matter what page I intend to open, it will be redirected to Getsotfkits.com. I have never seen this page before. Is my computer really infected with harmful virus? Will my data being lost or damaged? What should I do now to save my computer?
What is Getsotfkits.com?
Getsotfkits.com is one among infectious domain that often target Windows based system. This unsafe domain silently get added and silently and bring numerous changes in all your essential system’s settings. Getsotfkits.com will bring changes in commonly used search browsers like Mozilla, Google Chrome, Bing, IE and MSN searches to let its result redirected to malicious and risky websites. Getsotfkits.com will bring modification in essential system’s settings including browser’s home page, security settings, DNS configurations and so on without asking your permission. It will block all the active, processing and running applications aiming to degrade system and lately make it completely non responsive. Getsotfkits.com is created by cyber criminals and PC attackers along with the main motive to gather all your saved files, documents and valuable information by tracking bowser’s history. In short you can say, it will never let you surf freely. In order to get rid with all the above mentioned system’s issues, it is advised to delete Getsotfkits.com as soon as possible
Getsotfkits.com will block all the running and active programs, processes and applications aiming to degrade system’s performance and lastly make it completely non responsive. Getsotfkits.com will turn off firewalls and wil modify security settings aiming to make an easy way for other malicious threat. What’s more risky, this infectious threat will copy its code in the boot section along with the main motive to get reloaded all the time and time and thus corrupt it. Getsotfkits.com will annoy you by displaying various ads, pop ups along with warning messages while surfing. No matter what you search, always ends up with a page full of sponsored links, countless ads, fake alerts along with warning messages. Thats why, it is advised to take any quick action against Getsotfkits.com and thus solve all your system’s issues.
Harmful Impacts of Getsotfkits.com Onto Your PC
Hijack installed web browser and will replace your homepage.
Largely degrade computer performance.
Due to overuse of resources, System crashes constantly.
Help other unknown and malicious programs.
Records your browsing behavior.
Capable to steal private and sensitive data.
May damages important system files and weakens system security.
How to Remove Getsotfkits.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Getsotfkits.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Getsotfkits.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Getsotfkits.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Getsotfkits.com could be troublesome and should be deleted timely to avoid potential risk. Manual removal is an efficient way to get rid of this hijacking. But if you are not confident to finish the manual process, you are suggested to uninstall Getsotfkits.com by starting an automatic removal with SpyHunter from here.