FreeMaps Toolbar Description
FreeMaps Toolbar offers lots of deals and coupons, and pop-up ads when it is installed. Some of them may be helpful for online shopping fans. However, most of users find that the ads from FreeMaps Toolbar are really annoying and troublesome. It is true. FreeMaps Toolbar ads would always cover the browser windows, which may block users from viewing the content on the websites. Therefore, quite a lot of PC users choose to uninstall FreeMaps Toolbar rather than keep it.
If you also feel that the ads by FreeMaps Toolbar are annoying, you can continue to find a solution in this passage to remove this FreeMaps Toolbar program so as to stop the disgusting ads. Before removing this pest, we would like to introduce what is FreeMaps Toolbar. Actually, it is an adware application, which is promoted by cyber criminals to deliver third-party ads and suspicious websites.
By displaying ads and redirecting users to certain websites, FreeMaps Toolbar could make money for its developers. It is a totally scheme which should not deserve your trust. If users keep this program, the browser behaviors or even the PC performance will be slowed down by it. Thus, it is advised to uninstall FreeMaps Toolbar timely.
Harmful Consequences Of FreeMaps Toolbar
FreeMaps Toolbar left nasty impact onto the targeted PC which make it completely sick. Go through the listed points below.
1. FreeMaps Toolbar has the potential to display misleading alerts, fake notification, error message just to threaten user.
2. It interrupts while browsing and display tons of annoying pop-ups at the same time.
3. It completely hijacks the browser and redirect the searched queries.
4. Once this adware program slips into your PC, its obvious that PC may work extremely slow.
The FreeMaps Toolbar has the following features:
1. It has a strong power to affect all well-known web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and more other web browsers. In other words, it is able to modify your web browser settings and add itself as browser add-on onto your web browser. You will find your web browser default home page and the default search engine are replaced by others.
2. It can track your online searches, record your browsing activity, and collect your personal information for unknown intentions.
3. Every time you browse the websites, this program will generate and display numerous pop-up ads containing great deals, coupons, discounts and sales promotions to trick you into clicking so that its developers can get pay-per-click revenue. You should not trust any of those ads because they mostly contain some malicious software, spyware, ransomware, adware, Trojan horse and other infections. Any clicking is activating the viruses and downloading them to invade your computer deeply.
Note:To be able to complete a total removal for FreeMaps Toolbar infection, it is suggested to have the ability to handle the essential parts of the system. Any problems caused by the process can make the system fully useless, if you need instant help to remove this infection, you may consider running a trusted Adware Removal Tool on the computer:
How to remove FreeMaps Toolbar from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of FreeMaps Toolbar PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of FreeMaps Toolbar. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate FreeMaps Toolbar from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by FreeMaps Toolbar within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- FreeMaps Toolbar adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the FreeMaps Toolbar, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall FreeMaps Toolbar From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for FreeMaps Toolbar in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for FreeMaps Toolbar in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for FreeMaps Toolbar from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove FreeMaps Toolbar From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for FreeMaps Toolbar and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for FreeMaps Toolbar and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for FreeMaps Toolbar and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by FreeMaps Toolbar.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type FreeMaps Toolbar into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by FreeMaps Toolbar.
Attention: FreeMaps Toolbar is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove FreeMaps Toolbar using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of FreeMaps Toolbar from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove FreeMaps Toolbar adware. As we mentioned above, FreeMaps Toolbar is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove FreeMaps Toolbar.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove FreeMaps Toolbar from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
FreeMaps Toolbar is a kind of adware that could pose a danger to affected machine. It mainly gets dispersed through fraudulent downloads and compromised links, so users should pay heed to the statement and terms when install software downloaded from any site and also avoid clicking malicious links. However, a harmful link cannot be simply identified with your eyes or by feeling. It is indispensable to enhance the computer security with the shield of an outstanding security program. Advanced technology can effectively prevent malware and virus to some extent. Here is such a reliable tool to help you protect your PC against malware:
- How to Remove Club-Save from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Do-search.com from Your Computer? (Browser Hijacker Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Search.ydserp.com from Your Computer? (Browser Hijacker Removal Guides)
- How to Remove PUA.Keygen from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove Infostealer.Infini from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Kill CryptFILe2 Ransomware? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Search.searchwamtv.com from Your Computer? (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge)
- Effectively Remove PUP.Screen Watch from Your PC (Removal Help)