My computer may have been infected by a browser hijacker which replaces my default homepage with the website Filesoftwred.com. I have tried everything I can do to remove this website from my browser, no luck. Whenever I launch my browser, this website will pop up as the default homepage. I don’t want to spend many painful hours trying to remove this nuisance. Any suggestion for me to easily remove Filesoftwred.com from my machine?
What is Filesoftwred.com?
Filesoftwred.com is actually a nasty website which hijacks Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The annoying program is able to get into the target system through spam email attachments, unauthorized freeware downloads and suspicious links. The unwanted hijacker will drop many vicious files to important system folders including Registry Editor. As a result, Filesoftwred.com virus activates along with the Windows system. But it can meanwhile occupy great system resources, which slows down the PC performance greatly. In some cases, your desired program like the browser freezes up. Even, you’re unable to connect to the Internet at times.
It’s reported Filesoftwred.com virus has the ability to change default browser settings without any permission. Whenever you open the browser, this unknown page pops up on the screen. Besides, you’ll be forced to use AQOVD to make searches. If you consider the program will act like Google, you are totally false. The malware often adds a lot of sponsored links in your search results. In addition, Filesoftwred.com can redirect you to commercial pages. You can also see many familiar shortcuts on the interface of the hijacker. However, you can be led to suspicious programs if clicking on them. Worse still, the hijacker may trace your browsing activities and gather sensitive information. It’s wise to remove Filesoftwred.com redirect virus once you find it.
Why Should You Remove Filesoftwred.com Virus Immediately?
1. Important personal message may be captured by remote hosts to conduct cyber crimes.
2. There will be many annoying pop-up ads and fake alerts; disturbing you from using the system fluently;
3. Additional viruses and malwares will be installed without any permission to do further damage to this system;
4. It will block the access to the Internet and redirect everything you do on this browser to terrible web pages;
5. It will slow down the operating machine and even make it terminate;
How to Remove Filesoftwred.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Filesoftwred.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Filesoftwred.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Filesoftwred.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to download SpyHunter to avoid false operation of crashing your computer or from some friends who are very familiar with manual Filesoftwred.com removal.