What is Dock Search?
Dock Search is a risky Adware infection that secretly gets active over Windows computer and causes lots of trouble. Its main intention is to earn profit by promoting third party products and earn benefits on basis of commission or get rewards from its owners. Usually, it gets active over your computer through attachments of spam emails, files sharing in network environment, shareware or freeware downloads of movies, games, video codecs and others. Dock Search comes packaged with several unwanted application, toolbars, add-ons, plug-ins and malicious extension that takes huge hard disk space and drag down overall PC running. It bombards targeted computer display screen with tons of advertisements and pop ups that tries to convince you for purchasing some products and services by showing attractive offers, deals, coupon codes, discount and others.
Dock Search is capable to messes up itself with important system files and damages registry entries that play an important role in smooth and proper PC running. It runs very secretly in background of computer and collects details such as banking login details, password of social networking websites, IP addresses, credit card number and others. This pest has ability to damages important system files and registry entries that plays an important role in smooth and proper PC running. To handle all such annoying problems, it is important for you to take quick steps to remove Dock Search as soon as possible. If this infection sustain over marked PC for long time, you have to suffer with severe data loss scenario, occurrence of BSOD errors, system crashes or freezes and others.
Malicious behaviors performed by Dock Search
oneFrequently display a lot of intrusive online advertisements on your webpage every time you open a new tab or browse the web which will greatly slow down your browsing speed as well as browsing experience. Moreover, clicking those ads may redirect you to some malicious websites where often conceal viruses, Trojans, spyware and other harmful programs.
twoIt keeps monitoring your online browsing activities and collecting your a variety of information in the background like IP address, password, credit card details, websites frequently visited, webpage viewed, search queries, etc. However, the information collected by this PUP may contain your personally identifiable information. In order to make money, the developer of Dock Search may share your important personal information with the third party who may use the data for illegal purposes. In recent years, many events of Internet fraud were reported by the media. Therefore, it is quite important to keep your personal information safe.
threeIt automatically adds a malicious plug-in called Duuqu Update to your Internet Explorer which takes up a large amount of system resources. As a result, your computer will suffer a poor performance. Through the scanning of a powerful removal tool – SpyHunter, Duuqu is detected as a high risk downloader (types of virus) that is bundled with adware like Dock Search or Dock Search. Don’t underestimate this downloader; it can completely damage your system.
Tips: You are advised to use a professional and reputable malware removal tool to automatically, simply, quickly, effectively and completely remove Dock Search from infected PCs.
How to remove Dock Search from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of Dock Search PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of Dock Search. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate Dock Search from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Dock Search within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Dock Search adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the Dock Search, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall Dock Search From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Dock Search in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Dock Search in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Dock Search from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove Dock Search From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for Dock Search and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for Dock Search and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for Dock Search and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Dock Search.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type Dock Search into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by Dock Search.
Attention: Dock Search is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove Dock Search using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of Dock Search from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove Dock Search adware. As we mentioned above, Dock Search is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove Dock Search.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove Dock Search from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
The adware have been a real headache to lots of computer users worldwide. They can be created every once in a while and put on the Internet among malicious web sites, freeware and spam attachments. They can also attack most of the systems including Windows 7, Vista and XP. Even though your computer has been protected by antivirus software, it can still have the chances to be attacked by this Dock Search virus because this virus doesn’t need permission to install. And once it’s installed successfully, it can even hide itself deep down in the targeted systems from being seen. You can experience constant stuck on the computer and everything runs very slow. Many security pop ups will also be displayed. But the most dangerous part of this Dock Search virus is that it can help computer hackers gather all the valuable information on targeted computers. So it should be removed completely.
- How to Remove Matroska Ransomware from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove Rewardsget.com from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Trojan.Spy.Noon from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Searchprivacy1.co from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Always Weather from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Remove Trojan.Adylkuzz!gen1 from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Remove f.asdfzxcv1312.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove PUA.Sambamedia from Your PC (Removal Help)