Tired of seeing a lot of pop-ups and coupons on your computer? Are you clear when and how Desktop Bar installed on your computer? Is a legitimate program or dangerous? Have tried many ways to stop the pop-ups but all in vain finally? Searching for a simple and effective way to help you troubleshoot this issue? Fortunately, this post will be useful for you. It will guide you how to remove Desktop Bar thoroughly from your computer.
Overview of Desktop Bar
Desktop Bar is newly recognised as an adware or potentially unwanted program because it creates meaningless and unimaginable number of ads on your computer screen, once it gets installed. Users are mostly mess up with this vermin in their computer during some suspicious works for example bundled of freeware file sharing, click on spam emails attachments, Bluetooth sharing files, visited social networking adult site, dating site, download games, movies, torrent files, insert external pirated hard disk and lots of more. Once, Desktop Bar is successfully installed in your System it first tackles of your browser home page and search engine home page. After that, it bombards thousands of endless adverts and pop-ups which contain discount, coupons, banners, codes, offers, deals, underlined keywords and lots of more. It told you to use that code for Online shopping to save time and money both. But in reality it’s just opposites, it is only scam and bogus technique which aim is to fool innocent user for the cheated of their privac
y and personal information.
Desktop Bar has been crafted by group of cyber criminals whose main objective is to promote its partners products and goods for the increasing of its web traffic as well as earn commission from targeted user PC. Besides this threat inside your System, it will also spill you privacy like bank account details, ATM pin number and others via the malicious Online activities. It will also monitor your browsing habitats, searching history, cookies, chatting record, saved bookmarks pages etc. in this ways, it can use that information for blackmailing or it may exchange it with the lawbreaker’s money. Therefore, you must be attentive to delete Desktop Bar completely from your PC before it creates further damage.
Major Malicious Activities Performed by Desktop Bar
As soon as Desktop Bar invade and successfully gets installed in the compromises PC, it immediately starts its malicious activities. The default browser gets totally hijacked and your System gets automatically connected to remote host of cyber culprits. You would notice continuous pop us of sponsored advertisements which are very annoying. It tracks your browsing habits and then show pop ups based on your search history. The sponsored advertisements may also come even if you are not surfing and just connected to Internet. Here is the adverse effect of Desktop Bar infection in brief:
Irritates users with excessive advertisements and sponsored links
Change the browser setting including the default browser homepage, search engine as well as DNS settings
Adds plug-ins and add-ons in the browser toolbar that records user activities and tries to skip confidential information
If you have noticed any symptoms of Desktop Bar infection then it is high time to take care of your PC. Take the necessary steps to uninstall Desktop Bar infection which includes either the automatic Desktop Bar removal tool or removing the infection with manual process.
Note: If you remove the adware by manual, any mistakes caused during the process may lead to irreparable damage for your computer system, therefore you are strongly recommended to use a professional malware removal tool to fulfill the removal.
How to remove Desktop Bar from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of Desktop Bar PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of Desktop Bar. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate Desktop Bar from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Desktop Bar within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Desktop Bar adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the Desktop Bar, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall Desktop Bar From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Desktop Bar in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Desktop Bar in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Desktop Bar from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove Desktop Bar From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for Desktop Bar and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for Desktop Bar and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for Desktop Bar and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Desktop Bar.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type Desktop Bar into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by Desktop Bar.
Attention: Desktop Bar is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove Desktop Bar using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of Desktop Bar from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove Desktop Bar adware. As we mentioned above, Desktop Bar is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove Desktop Bar.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove Desktop Bar from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
The adware have been a real headache to lots of computer users worldwide. They can be created every once in a while and put on the Internet among malicious web sites, freeware and spam attachments. They can also attack most of the systems including Windows 7, Vista and XP. Even though your computer has been protected by antivirus software, it can still have the chances to be attacked by this Desktop Bar virus because this virus doesn’t need permission to install. And once it’s installed successfully, it can even hide itself deep down in the targeted systems from being seen. You can experience constant stuck on the computer and everything runs very slow. Many security pop ups will also be displayed. But the most dangerous part of this Desktop Bar virus is that it can help computer hackers gather all the valuable information on targeted computers. So it should be removed completely.
- How to Remove PowerSniff Ransomware from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove Suprize Offers from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Search.queryrouter.com? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove CryptoVerto Search Extension from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Sale Clipper from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove SmarterPassword? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove LessTabs? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Cravehelp.info from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)