Overview of CouponMeApp
CouponMeApp belongs to the family of adware. You might install this potentially unwanted program onto the PC unknowingly. This is because this adware can come into computers by means of a method called software marketing bundling. When it runs on your personal machine, it generates a great many of pop-ups including shopping coupons, freebies, hot deals, dating ads and game information. It is suggested that you ignore these pop-ups. Some of computer users complain that the pop-ups by CouponMeApp often take people to unwanted web pages.
But one thing you should pay attention to is that the pop-ups could mislead you into scam sites. Additionally, you might accidentally pick up extra adware like Trumpkard and UpAurora. By that time, lots of advertisements will rush into the system. This malicious adware is also responsible to help its developers monitor your internet usage and collect browser histories. You could get into trouble if the data is sent to cybercriminals by CouponMeApp. Hence, it is necessary to protect the PC from this adware. Please check out the removal tips below if you already got CouponMeApp installed.
What exactly is so bad about CouponMeApp? Why it’s so detrimental?
In fact, adware does not have to be toxic, but it tends to become toxic because during browsing it displays insecure contents. We tend to be attractive by these ads when we are browsing and sometimes we even can not help clicking on them. The consequence is, we might be redirected to other websites or even be forced to download unwanted programs and extensions. Indeed, being surrounded by random ads, we risk connecting our computer with unsafe websites, becoming more dangerous, making bad decisions, and even getting troubles, as CouponMeApp pop up ads are not so clean. We find that our computers run slower than before because the loading of this program reduces computer performance, and the extension added to web browsers reduce the internet speed and that is the main reason why we encounter poor internet experiences. Previous paragraph has shown that CouponMeApp extension can harm our browser ability to load regular websites, and there is only way to help improve the performance, and boost the performance of internet conn
How to remove CouponMeApp from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of CouponMeApp PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of CouponMeApp. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate CouponMeApp from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by CouponMeApp within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- CouponMeApp adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the CouponMeApp, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall CouponMeApp From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for CouponMeApp in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for CouponMeApp in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for CouponMeApp from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove CouponMeApp From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for CouponMeApp and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for CouponMeApp and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for CouponMeApp and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by CouponMeApp.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type CouponMeApp into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by CouponMeApp.
Attention: CouponMeApp is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove CouponMeApp using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of CouponMeApp from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove CouponMeApp adware. As we mentioned above, CouponMeApp is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove CouponMeApp.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove CouponMeApp from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
Several tips on how to prevent malware:
Avoid downloading files or software from unknown sites. If you want to install a program, please go to its official website or reliable sites to download it. It’s not suggested that you download it from some websites with bad reputations, for their products often contain software bundlers. Some confusing download icons on those sites can link you to other irrelevant sites and download unwanted apps.
Be cautious about clickable advertisements. Many web pages you visit may show you some clickable ads like “Play Now” or “Scan Now” which you don’t know which game or product will be downloaded. When you see those clickable ads and don’t know anything about it, for the sake of your PC security, you’d better note click on them. Otherwise, some unwanted programs like Your Interests Now will be downloaded and installed on your PC.
- How to Remove CyberFlux Ransomware from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove Search.searchemaila.com from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Gc.avdls.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove ClearThink from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove www.Smartnewtab.com from Your Computer? (Browser Hijacker Removal Guides)
- How to Remove INCANTO Ransomware from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove KillDisk-Dimens Ransomware from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Astro Find? (Useful Removal Guide)