There is a problem on my PC. I used Google as my homepage; however, another website called “Checksoft.topupdateup.com” has replaced Google as my default homepage. All my attempts to reset Google as my homepage were in vain. Checksoft.topupdateup.com appears on my browser again and again. How can I remove this nasty website completely? Please help me.
Manually removing the browser hijacker is not an easy job, since it requires users to accomplish several complicated steps. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the Checksoft.topupdateup.com, then just download and use a powerful malware removal tool. This can guarantee a complete and safe removal of it.
What is Checksoft.topupdateup.com?
Checksoft.topupdateup.com is classified as a pesky and annoying browser hijacker which has the ability to cause a lot of chaos on affected browsers. Actually, the malware will take chance to enter your system if you accidentally click on suspicious links, read spam emails or download unverified free programs from the Internet. Checksoft.topupdateup.com redirect virus will then make changes to important system settings. It can add new keys to Registry Editor without asking for any permission. As a result, the hijacker runs along with the Operating System. But meanwhile it can take up high system resources or CPU usage, which affects the entire system performance greatly.
Checksoft.topupdateup.com virus will alter key browser settings stealthily and automatically. It sets itself as the default homepage and search provider without your consent. It’s not advisable to use this unknown program to make searches. Or you would get many sponsored links in front of the search results. In addition, the redirect malware could lead you to commercial or suspicious pages from time to time. That is, Checksoft.topupdateup.com hijacker will try hard to promote numerous products or services so as to gather illegal income. What’s worse, the malware is said to be able to follow online activities and collect sensitive information. All in all, the earlier you remove Checksoft.topupdateup.com redirect virus, the better it will be.
Behaviors Of Checksoft.topupdateup.com Reported By Our Research Team
Hijack users all web browsers
Install several browser helper object
Override the important settings of users browsers
Browser randomly get redirected to dubious websites
Inject tons of pop-up ads and fake security message within every visited page
Experience poor browsing speed
Overall performance of the system get affected due to browser hijacker attacked.
How to Remove Checksoft.topupdateup.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Checksoft.topupdateup.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Checksoft.topupdateup.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Checksoft.topupdateup.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Anyway, please know that not to let a mistake installed the adware on your computer. Checksoft.topupdateup.com pop-up is a miserable program. For it may cause many issues to your system, including slow your searching speed, collapsing your browser, and altering the settings of your system. So please try to uninstall it from your computer, and if you cannot remove it manually, please try to uninstall it automatically with SpyHunter.