I got Bronav.com installed on my PC when I accidentally clicked on an update popup. Soon enough I found that my default homepage had been changed to Bronav.com without my permission. I tried to get rid of this website from my browser but it came back every few seconds after removal. What a pain! How can I remove Bronav.com effectively? Any help will be appreciated.
What is Bronav.com?
Bronav.com is known as a dubious browser hijacker infection that may silently infiltrate from lots of infectious free program packages and other third party applications. At these critical moments, you need to be very vigilant while you download and install such related free cost applications because these components are linked with harmful threats. You should alter that Bronav.com usually makes various changes into user’s all working browsers during these installation process. After some times, you will see that your default start page, search provider settings and DNS settings of your browsers gets take overred. Some spyware creators have concluded that Bronav.com is typically connected with high risk threat which may penetrate from variants of unknown error notification pop-ups, fake software update messages or other endless alerts and so forth.
So you won’t expect to get what you are looking for. The worst thing is that this stubborn virus is so good at playing hide-and-seek that lots of antivirus cannot catch it, let alone delete it. By the way, this page will display a large number of commercial ads for you, which is extremely annoying. You know, in the cyber world, advertising means profit, so by displaying ads, the cyber criminals can benefit a lot. In a word, if you want to get out of this situation, you must delete Bronav.com now.
Since Bronav.com is a typical browser hijacker, it possesses all malicious features like other browser hijackers. It’s very easy to notice its infection, as it can immediately change the home page, start page and search engine of the infected browsers as soon as it’s active in your machine. Meanwhile, Bronav.com could display sponsored search results when you use it to search for information. And it also displays advertisements randomly to promote unwanted products. Your online activities are monitored by this nasty Bronav.com virus. Therefore, for sake of your privacy and peaceful life, it’s necessary for you to follow the removal steps and remove Bronav.com as soon as you can.
Having Troubles With Bronav.com?
You may have no idea when and how this adware gets on your computer, but this self-installed program would drive you insane if not removed timely.
1) It comes secretly and runs on your browser automatically;
2) It alters your search engines settings compulsively;
3) It keeps popping up and rerouting your webpage;
4) It may lead to superfluous ads and suspected links;
5) It may bring in other malicious applications.
How Does Bronav.com Invade Your PC?
The redirect virus often invades your computer via freeware that you have downloaded from the Internet. When you download and install freeware or shareware that comes from unreliable sources, you may give the redirect virus a chance to infect your PC. Besides, the redirect virus may break into your computer through spam email attachments. Opening attachments specially sent by cyber hackers runs the high risk of downloading malware like Bronav.com redirect virus to your computer. Another common tool used by the redirect virus to enter your PC is via malicious websites or legitimate websites that have been hacked by the rogue hackers. When you happen to click on the suspicious links or pop-ups within the websites, you may unintentionally download the redirect virus or other malware to your machine. Therefore, you should use extra caution when surfing on the Internet.
How to Remove Bronav.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Bronav.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Bronav.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Bronav.com should have been removed from your PC now.
Note: Feel like the manual removal a little complicated? Wanna try something simple and automatic? Do you still have other choice? YES! The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can be your first choice to remove Bronav.com simply and automatically. Download and install Spyhunter to kick Bronav.com out of your computer without any hesitation!