There is a problem on my PC. I used Google as my homepage; however, another website called “Adware-error.com” has replaced Google as my default homepage. All my attempts to reset Google as my homepage were in vain. Adware-error.com appears on my browser again and again. How can I remove this nasty website completely? Please help me.
What is Adware-error.com?
Adware-error.com is a suspicious site that can take the place of a browser homepage programmatically. For this reason, this website is categorized as an annoying browser hijacker that is created by some people to attack browsers and collect victims’ information. This type of vicious code usually comes bundled with freeware and infamous toolbars. You will get into trouble if the PC is infected. Adware-error.com replaces your search engine as well. Every single time you surf on the network, this browser hijacker shows sponsored ads. Besides, these ads are added to search results.
What’s worse, this cunning virus has the ability to hijack your search results to unwanted sites that are irrelevant with your search queries. In addition, this page will pop up lots of commercial ads on your screen. If you click on those ads, it will bring profit to the cyber criminals. And the more you hit on those ads, the more profit the cyber criminals will get. Since you have known that Adware-error.com virus is a tool that used by the bad guys to gain illegal money, you should delete it as quickly as you can without hesitation.
Since Adware-error.com is a typical browser hijacker, it possesses all malicious features like other browser hijackers. It’s very easy to notice its infection, as it can immediately change the home page, start page and search engine of the infected browsers as soon as it’s active in your machine. Meanwhile, Adware-error.com could display sponsored search results when you use it to search for information. And it also displays advertisements randomly to promote unwanted products. Your online activities are monitored by this nasty Adware-error.com virus. Therefore, for sake of your privacy and peaceful life, it’s necessary for you to follow the removal steps and remove Adware-error.com as soon as you can.
How to Remove Adware-error.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
You can first try removing the browser from the affected browsers and then fix the browser shortcuts. Then, restart the computer and see if the browser hijacker has been removed. If not, you need to take one more action – run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces in order to permanently remove it out of your PC. Please follow the guide below.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Adware-error.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Adware-error.com should have been removed from your PC now.