Is your computer infected with 1stserp.com? Has it redirected you web page to suspicious website. Does it fetch nasty ads in mean time of browsing and prevent you to visit any site. Don’t mind! Now let you to read this post to know how to remove 1stserp.com permanently from PC. Read this post step by step to remove it completely and easily.
What is 1stserp.com?
1stserp.com is deemed as a noxious browser hijacker virus which is developed by the cyber hackers in order to cheat an inexperienced PC users. When the users visit this webpage for the first time, most of them can judge it as a harmless webpage. They will be asked to set this domains as the default homepage and few unsuspected system users can agree with that. Once this 1stserp.com hijacker comes to the target PC, it can make the great damages to the whole computer. First of all, the web browser installed on your machine can be corrupted by this threat. After that, this hijacker virus can corrupt the whole computer from many aspects as it can help many other kinds of system viruses to come to make more damages. In order to save your PC from severe situation, you need to get rid of this 1stserp.com infection immediately.
Moreover, looking something up with your search engine will not make any sense as well. That’s because every time you type your key words in search box and press Enter, the search results are all right, but when you select the most suitable one and click the link, the final page is totally wrong. Besides, you are likely to be disturbed seriously by thousands of commercial ads, which can freak you out during your work. All in all, 1stserp.com is a threat to your machine, so you should remove it as soon as possible.
Since 1stserp.com is a typical browser hijacker, it possesses all malicious features like other browser hijackers. It’s very easy to notice its infection, as it can immediately change the home page, start page and search engine of the infected browsers as soon as it’s active in your machine. Meanwhile, 1stserp.com could display sponsored search results when you use it to search for information. And it also displays advertisements randomly to promote unwanted products. Your online activities are monitored by this nasty 1stserp.com virus. Therefore, for sake of your privacy and peaceful life, it’s necessary for you to follow the removal steps and remove 1stserp.com as soon as you can.
How Does 1stserp.com Redirect Get into Your PC?
In most cases, 1stserp.com redirect virus gets into your computer via freeware or shareware. These free programs are often bundled with installer of the redirect virus or other malware. If you download and install such programs on your PC, you also give the chance for this redirect virus to install itself. Besides, the redirect virus may enter your computer through spam email attachments. Opening attachments sent by unknown people runs the high risk of downloading malware 1stserp.com redirect virus to your computer. In addition, this redirect virus can be distributed by the means of suspicious links, sudden pop-up ads and hacked websites. So, you’d better use extra caution when surfing online.
Dangers of 1stserp.com
1.It can modify users’ browser settings and change the default homepage and search engine.
2.It can pop up many types of pop-ups on users’ browsers.
3.It can drastically decrease the entire system performance and slow down browser running speed.
4.It could bring other threats like adware, spyware and worm to the infected computer.
5.It can infect users’ browsers, monitor their online activities, tracing browser cookies and collect personal information like usernames and passwords.
How to Remove 1stserp.com Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
1stserp.com Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of 1stserp.com and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. 1stserp.com should have been removed from your PC now.
The Final Tip: There isn’t any good reasons for 1stserp.com to stay your computer. You’d better get rid of this nasty trouble 1stserp.com to protect your computer. The Most Antivirus program Spyhunter is your best and convenient choice.