Hi, I need your help! Recently I encounter a problem that my browser default homepage has been changed to Watch TV Now New Tab, which provides a search engine on the page, without my permission. I get used to searching the net using Google. So I try resetting Google as my default homepage and search engine, but I fail. I also run my antivirus program to scan the whole system (because I suspect that there is a virus on my computer); however, nothing suspicious is found. So, how should I remove Watch TV Now New Tab from my browser? Any help is appreciated.
What is Watch TV Now New Tab?
Watch TV Now New Tab is yet another harmful redirect virus that mainly target Windows based system and bring numerous changes in its entire settings. Once this malware get added, it will start modifying commonly used browser’s searches like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE, MSN and Safari searches to let its result hijacked to illegal websites. Watch TV Now New Tab is created by evil hackers and cyber criminals in such a way that it look exactly like real domain as well make all your browser’s searches to illegal and completely unknown websites. This suspicious domain silently get installed along with various methods like junk mail, surfing unsafe websites, clicking infectious links , surfing malicious websites and sometimes even via social sites. Watch TV Now New Tab will block all the active and running applications aiming to degrade your system and lately make it completely non responsive. Watch TV Now New Tab will pretend to be genuine domain but never trust them as they are created mainly to trap innocent user. Thus, it would advised to take any quick action agains
t Watch TV Now New Tab infection and thus make your machine secured.
What happens when gets inside? Well upon infiltration, Watch TV Now New Tab attaches itself with the all major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Edge and Internet Explorer. Then after, it might appear to you as your default homepage by replacing the original one and modifies web browser settings and DNS configurations as well. Soon after getting infected, you will be blocked to visit any legitimate website and may frequently get driven to Watch TV Now New Tab and other related or its affiliate website. All these are done by web criminals who are intended to enhance dubious website traffic and generate revenue for them. Eventually, you will not be able to do any online chores and will always end up getting negative experience of internet surfing.
Apart from this, Watch TV Now New Tab compromises security of the infected computer and disables all security programs including task manager and firewall. It raise possibility of malware infiltration into PC and increases system vulnerability. Meanwhile, there will slower internet connection speed and also degraded system performance. You will lose entire system access and can only get them back by deleting this infection from PC. Hence, it is necessary to get rid of Watch TV Now New Tab immediately without any further delay.
Symptoms of Being Infected:
1. Browser default homepage and search engine are changed to Watch TV Now New Tab without any knowledge and permission.
2. Lots of ads and deals pop up on the web pages that you visit. Those pops up appear almost on every page that you browse, especially on websites like Ebay, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy.
3. Search results are constantly redirected to unknown websites. When you click on certain search results, the web pages are redirected to websites that have nothing to do with those you intend to visit.
4. Unknown toolbars, plug-ins or extensions appear your browsers, which you don’t know and have never installed.
5. Network speed gets slower and sometimes the network is disconnected without appear reason.
6. New website URLs are added to the Favorite folder.
7. Computer performance degrades weirdly. It often takes a longer time to perform a simple task.
How to Remove Watch TV Now New Tab Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
Watch TV Now New Tab Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of Watch TV Now New Tab and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. Watch TV Now New Tab should have been removed from your PC now.
Watch TV Now New Tab should be got rid of without any discussion since you are going through a lot of mess. Spyhunter not only can uninstall Watch TV Now New Tab but also can protect your computer from other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware in the future. Download and Install Spyhunterto be your first computer safeguard!