Are you wondering how to permanently remove the pop-up Search Control Settings from Google Chrome for Windows? Have you already tried resetting the internet settings a couple of times, but to no avail? Does the unwanted software keep coming back? Don’t worry. This post provides you a brief description of Search Control Settings and shows how to get rid of it from the PC completely.
Overview of Search Control Settings
Search Control Settings pretends to be a legit and helpful tool to enrich your browsing activities. But the unfamiliar program can carry out many malicious activities and cause a lot of chaos. The unwanted program is an adware which aims to gather illegal income. Like Sale Charger adware, the pesky program can enter your OS through unauthorized free downloads and spam email attachments. It will then insert new files to the Registry Editor as well as many other folders. The adware runs as long as the computer launches. Meanwhile, it will eat up most of the system resources. This slows down the whole computer performance seriously.
Search Control Settings can lead you to commercial pages with various products and services. If you buy any, its hackers will get benefits. On the other hand, such unknown links could possess malicious programs or viruses. So it’s not advisable to click any of them. What’s more, Search Control Settings may record your browsing activities and online history in the background. Then it would collect your private data like email login details. Cyber criminals could send spam emails and threats to other computers, using your email. Therefore, the earlier you remove Search Control Settings, the better it will be.
How does Search Control Settings infect your PC?
Search Control Settings will get into your PC by many means which incorporate spam email, porn sites, or fake links. What’s more, for the most part it is got by freeware bundle. When the applications are installed, it will secretly get inside some malicious things and adware is the most common one. This happens without notice. And users will find it out after it has stayed for a span of time.
Therefore, if you want to keep your pc safe, you should eliminate Search Control Settings completely. Following guides are for your reference.
Search Control Settings Is a Big Threat to Your Computer
It is secretly installed onto system without your permission or consent.
It may hijack your web browsers and always redirect your search result to Search Control Settings.
It may show numerous annoying advertisements.
It may drops malicious files into your PC.
It may degenerate your PC performance.
It may lead your private information to be leaked.
Note:If you need a instant removal help for Search Control Settings, it is suggested to install a reputable and ultra- powerful Adware removal tool on your computer:
How to remove Search Control Settings from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of Search Control Settings PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Search Control Settings from your Registry Editor..
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of Search Control Settings. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate Search Control Settings from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Search Control Settings within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Search Control Settings adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the Search Control Settings, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall Search Control Settings From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Search Control Settings in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Search Control Settings in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Search Control Settings from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove Search Control Settings From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for Search Control Settings and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for Search Control Settings and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for Search Control Settings and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Search Control Settings.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type Search Control Settings into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by Search Control Settings.
Attention: Search Control Settings is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove Search Control Settings using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of Search Control Settings from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove Search Control Settings adware. As we mentioned above, Search Control Settings is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove Search Control Settings.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove Search Control Settings from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
- Effectively Remove Quick Searcher Chrome Extension from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Sliding Coupons from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Your Speed Test Hub from Your Computer? (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge)
- Effectively Remove W32.Conpilf@mm from Your PC (Removal Help)
- Effectively Remove Any Search Manager from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Trojan.Llac from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Browsebit? (Useful Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Cheapestloans.site? (Useful Removal Guide)