What is Rocket Media Player?
Rocket Media Player is a potential unwanted program. Unlike other potential unwanted programs which harm the infected computer by showing random pop up ads or introducing other unsafe third parties, this software wants to trick user’s money by showing fake warning pop up. Of course it is classified to be a risky program since it is harmful, dangerous and annoying. Its developers may claim that this is a useful optimizing tool which help to clean compute system and detect the outdated programs automatically. But the sad truth is that believing in the warning of this program is bad for your computer: the pop up information showed by this optimizing program is not true. They are all fake and only want to scary users with untrue outdated warning. While most victims say that this program will show the pop up warning like “attention! 7 outdated drivers have been found on your computer”. It does not specifically say anything about the outdated programs. If you want to optimize your computer performance, using this tool could not b
e the key. Like an Ransomware, it shows fake pop up contents on the screen for the purpose of tricking downloads.
Do not underestimate over the outdated pop up. Clicking on the update option offered by this program can increase the risks of being attacked by malware. Clicking the update button can not help you to better update the programs on system but continue infecting the machine. One of the symptoms of being infected by this malware is that it takes up a lot of system resources, then it lead to slow performance. In another word, instead of helping users, this program seems bring more troubles to computer. As it is said that one of the troubled involves consuming high system resources, as a result, the computer will run slower than before once this program keeps running all the time. Also, it still brings other problems. This includes terrible problems like system control, screen block and random pop up. When you start computer, this program will be automatically tun at the beginning. Then, it tends to show fake pop up warning which want to to update some programs on your computer. A problem can arise when you click
on the update button.
How does adware enter your PC and how to prevent it?
Such unwanted adware applications can be spread to computers by different methods. For example, Word Surfer can be bundled with other free programs that you download from the Internet. As soon as you install the desired program, this ad-supported software will be installed at the same time and will display advertisements on your computer. Sometimes you can decline the offer to install such potentially unwanted adware programs during installation process by using the Advanced or Custom installation. However, some free programs will not clearly delineate in the End User License Agreement how or when advertisements will be displayed. Even if they delineate in the license agreement, many computer users rarely have a look at it and consent to install the free programs that have the adware bundled within them. In addition to this, the adware may pretend to be other helpful applications and trick you into downloading and installing it. Once installed, it will display lots of ads on the targeted computer.
To prevent such potentially unwanted adware programs in the future, you can follow the several tips to protect the PC:
Download and install programs from reliable websites or companies that have good reputation.
Watch out for pop-ups from unknown websites or attachment files in emails and never click on them before you make sure that they are safe.
Don’t visit malicious websites and exit immediately if you visit them by accident.
Always choose the advanced or custom installation, if there is, rather than the quick or recommended installation when installing a program.
Keep a real-time antivirus/malware program on your PC.
Tips: You are advised to use a professional and reputable malware removal tool to automatically, simply, quickly, effectively and completely remove Rocket Media Player from infected PCs.
How to remove Rocket Media Player from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of Rocket Media Player PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of Rocket Media Player. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate Rocket Media Player from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Rocket Media Player within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Rocket Media Player adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the Rocket Media Player, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall Rocket Media Player From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Rocket Media Player in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Rocket Media Player in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Rocket Media Player from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove Rocket Media Player From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for Rocket Media Player and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for Rocket Media Player and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for Rocket Media Player and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Rocket Media Player.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type Rocket Media Player into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by Rocket Media Player.
Attention: Rocket Media Player is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove Rocket Media Player using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of Rocket Media Player from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove Rocket Media Player adware. As we mentioned above, Rocket Media Player is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove Rocket Media Player.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove Rocket Media Player from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
Rocket Media Player is built to take evil action to target PC. When it has successfully got into the infected computer, it starts to collect confidential information such as full name, email address, phone number and financial data. It may lead to financial loss. It loads large amount of progresses of itself so that the computer is not able to respond to other safe progresses. It disables internet connection and destructs system stability. It degrades security level to let hacker remotely control of the victim system to compass their illegal purpose. Due to the fact that this Rocket Media Player can change and upgrade as time goes by, one should be rely on online instructions closely to every file. With the ability to spread fast, files associated with this Trojan can be scattered under more locations.
Kindly reminder: If the above manual method can’t help you to completely eliminate Rocket Media Player from the infected computer, you need to scan your PC with a powerful removal tool which will help you automatically and quickly get rid of this stubborn adware.
- How to Remove AngryKite Ransomware from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove PizzaCrypts Ransomware? (Useful Removal Guide)
- Effectively Remove firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware from Your PC (Removal Help)
- Effectively Remove Price Chop from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Bcedbr.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove Feed.convertowiz.com from Your PC (Removal Help)
- Effectively Remove hornbeamaknyk.online from Your PC (Removal Help)
- Effectively Remove Search.cocoshamen.com from Your PC (Removal Help)