Tired of seeing a lot of pop-ups and coupons on your computer? Are you clear when and how DownloadHunter installed on your computer? Is a legitimate program or dangerous? Have tried many ways to stop the pop-ups but all in vain finally? Searching for a simple and effective way to help you troubleshoot this issue? Fortunately, this post will be useful for you. It will guide you how to remove DownloadHunter thoroughly from your computer.
DownloadHunter is a malicious and pesky adware program which has the ability to add new browser add-on without asking for any permission. The nasty program attacks many Internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and IE. You could catch the malware through visit suspicious links, download unauthorized freeware or open spam email attachments. The malicious program will insert vicious files to important system folders after its successful infiltration. DownloadHunter can run itself on Windows start-up in the background. Besides, it takes up high system resources and slows down the PC performance greatly. Your programs could crash at times. It often shuts down the Internet connection when you want to access security related websites.
Like PriceMinus adware, DownloadHunter is able to track your online history and browsing cookies. It stealthily gathers your surfing habits and personal information. After then, the adware displays numerous charming and attracting ads including coupons, deals, savings, offers and discounts. It will interrupt your web browsing activities greatly. At the same time, DownloadHunter could endanger your privacy by sending away it to remote hackers. This is rather risky. Therefore, it’s highly advised to remove DownloadHunter virus from the PC and stop great troubles and dangers.
How DownloadHunter can get into online computers?
When an Internet user visit untrusted website and accept offers to free download or bundles software that usually need to pay.
By downloading pirated version of games, player, application or other software program.
When any user visit any well-known website that has been hacked or become infected.
If the user misjudge to differentiate between genuine or Spam emails that pretend as a friends of known person.
Mainly the content of such malicious e-mail ask user to view benign or exciting executable files (like videos, screensaver, presentation files etc.).
Harmful Impacts of DownloadHunter
Infected computer slows down extremely.
Become unstable, freezes and frequently shutdown or restart.
Get more infections.
Damage system files and stored data get corrupted
User losses controls over computer.
While web browsing users face theft of confidential information.
On an compromised computer user can be victimized by cyber criminals very easily.
Note:To be able to complete a total removal for DownloadHunter infection, it is suggested to have the ability to handle the essential parts of the system. Any problems caused by the process can make the system fully useless, if you need instant help to remove this infection, you may consider running a trusted Adware Removal Tool on the computer:
How to remove DownloadHunter from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of DownloadHunter PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of DownloadHunter. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate DownloadHunter from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by DownloadHunter within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- DownloadHunter adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the DownloadHunter, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall DownloadHunter From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for DownloadHunter in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for DownloadHunter in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for DownloadHunter from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove DownloadHunter From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for DownloadHunter and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for DownloadHunter and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for DownloadHunter and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by DownloadHunter.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type DownloadHunter into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by DownloadHunter.
Attention: DownloadHunter is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove DownloadHunter using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of DownloadHunter from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove DownloadHunter adware. As we mentioned above, DownloadHunter is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove DownloadHunter.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove DownloadHunter from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
The adware have been a real headache to lots of computer users worldwide. They can be created every once in a while and put on the Internet among malicious web sites, freeware and spam attachments. They can also attack most of the systems including Windows 7, Vista and XP. Even though your computer has been protected by antivirus software, it can still have the chances to be attacked by this DownloadHunter virus because this virus doesn’t need permission to install. And once it’s installed successfully, it can even hide itself deep down in the targeted systems from being seen. You can experience constant stuck on the computer and everything runs very slow. Many security pop ups will also be displayed. But the most dangerous part of this DownloadHunter virus is that it can help computer hackers gather all the valuable information on targeted computers. So it should be removed completely.
- How to Remove Data-error-alert.com from Your Computer? (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge)
- Effectively Remove Find My Ancestry from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove search.cubokit.com from Your Computer? (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge)
- How to Remove OSX.Addkeysteal from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove FunnyPage123.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove Inbox3 from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Navigation.iwatchavi.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- Effectively Remove Andyounnews.net from Your PC (Removal Help)