Feel worried when you receive a lot of annoying pop-ups from Desktop Dock? Have no idea how it installs on your computer without permission? Have tried many ways to stop them but all failed finally? Are you looking for a fool-proof way to delete it from your computer? If so, follow this post which will guide you how to remove Desktop Dock effectively from your computer.
Desktop Dock Description
Desktop Dock has been very active in these days on the Internet and thousands of computers are infected with this suspicious adware. The advertising software is able to sneak into the computer system when the computer user downloads freeware and shareware from some unsafe web sites. A large number of computer users would like to download freeware from the Internet. That is why the developers put Desktop Dock into the installers of some freeware. When you see ads with its logo on the computer screen, your computer system has been infected with the adware.
Then you need to remove this infection timely because if it stays in your computer system for a long time, it can interrupt your entire web browsing sessions and change the main system and web browser settings. Desktop Dock shows you false but appealing news and discounts on the pop-up windows in order to convince you to click on them. The developers of the adware make money from each of your click on the ad windows. Moreover, it also redirects you to suspect web sites that may disseminate some threats. In the case, you need to get rid of Desktop Dock as fast as you can.
How Desktop Dock comes into your PC?
Generally speaking, this program comes into your computer without your knowledge and consent. Usually, it makes its way into your computer by the means of being bundled with free application downloaded from free online resources. Browsing suspicious websites, opening intrusive links, or clicking malicious pop-up ads also can bring this program to your computer.
The Desktop Dock has the following features:
1. It has a strong power to affect all well-known web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and more other web browsers. In other words, it is able to modify your web browser settings and add itself as browser add-on onto your web browser. You will find your web browser default home page and the default search engine are replaced by others.
2. It can track your online searches, record your browsing activity, and collect your personal information for unknown intentions.
3. Every time you browse the websites, this program will generate and display numerous pop-up ads containing great deals, coupons, discounts and sales promotions to trick you into clicking so that its developers can get pay-per-click revenue. You should not trust any of those ads because they mostly contain some malicious software, spyware, ransomware, adware, Trojan horse and other infections. Any clicking is activating the viruses and downloading them to invade your computer deeply.
Note:To be able to complete a total removal for Desktop Dock infection, it is suggested to have the ability to handle the essential parts of the system. Any problems caused by the process can make the system fully useless, if you need instant help to remove this infection, you may consider running a trusted Adware Removal Tool on the computer:
Important Steps to Remove Desktop Dock Pop-up.
STEP 1: Stop Malicious Process and Remove from Web Browsers.
STEP 2: Remove Desktop Dock by Using SpyHunter.
STEP 1: Stop Malicious Process and Remove from Web Browsers.
Step 01: Stop Malicious Process by Using Task Manager
(1). Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc together to pop up Windows Task Manager, click Processes tab
*For Win 8 Users:
Click More details when you see the Task Manager box
And then click Details tab
(2). Find out and end the processes of this adware.
Step 02: Remove from Web Browsers.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon-> ‘Manage Add-ons’.
2. Unknown entries, locate and delete them.
3. You can change the home page, click the gear icon and choose ‘Internet Options’.
4. Remove the Istartsurf.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. To change the default search engine, click on the gear icon, select ‘Manage Add-ons ‘-’ > search engine
6. Place your favorite search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, please click on the icon menu (top right) and select ‘Add-ons ‘->’ extensions’.
2. Here select unknown Add-ons and select the trash can icon to delete these entries.
3 you can change the home page, click on Firefox, select “settings”
4. Remove Istartsurf.com and enter your favorite site.
5 I want to change the default search engine, click on the menu icon and the question mark icon
6 here you click on the ‘fix’ and click on “Restart Firefox”.
Video Show: How to clean up Firefox cookie and History.
1. Open Google chrome, please click on the icon menu (top right) and select ‘ tools ‘-’ > extensions ‘.
2. Select suspicious extensions and select the trash can icon to delete these entries.
3. You can change the start page, click the icon, select ‘ options ‘-’ > beginning ‘ section-> ‘specify pages’
4. Here, remove, Istartsurf.com, by clicking on the “X” and enter your favorite site.
5. At the time of default search engine that you want to change, click on click on > icon-> section of the menu ‘options’ ‘search’
6. Click on “manage search engines…” and add your preferred domain name.
Video Show: How to Clean chrome browser data.
STEP 2: Remove Desktop Dock with Using SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to help computer users to clean up the infections like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware,etc. It is important to note that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step one: Click the icon to download SpyHunter removal tool
Step two: After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your PC.
Step three: Select the detected malicious files after your scanning and click “Remove” button to clean up all viruses.
As the above mentioned, we learn that Desktop Dock that is created by cyber hackers to corrupt your system and programs to make the targeted computer perform badly. Also, this adware may take every chance to take over your system and invade it aggressively out of control. After that, you may experience system crash and file missing problems. Moreover, other threats may sneak into your computer at the same time since your computer is targeted by the adware.