I need your help! A browser add-on called Codec Acceleration appears on my browser without my knowledge. It keeps popping up many ads, deals, coupons and sponsored links on the web pages that I am browsing. I have tried various ways but still cannot block those annoying ads. Is Codec Acceleration adware? What can I do to remove it from my PC? Please help!
Overview of Codec Acceleration
Codec Acceleration is type adware program which is delivered by cyber criminals to harm the PC to generate profit. It helps the third party to promote their commercials site. Usually, it displays lots of unwanted pop-ups, ads, coupons banner etc. Mostly Codec Acceleration invades into the PC via spam emails, hidden with freeware application and visiting some malicious site etc. Once Codec Acceleration entered on the PC, it will fetch lots of worse for the PC It can controlled your all browser to displays unwanted ads for promoting third party site to provide them profit.
Codec Acceleration will bring number of changes on the PC as it will modify your browser setting to keep your web page redirected to unwanted commercial site for generating revenue as well as it can fetch more intrusive malware on the PC to damage it by opening backdoor to remote server of third party. Moreover, Codec Acceleration can take interest for collecting your browsing query to exploit your browsing habits. Your sensitive information might be leaked to the third party who will be able to access illegally on the PC to make it useless for you. You will be slowed down due to this threat. So, incase Codec Acceleration invaded on the PC you should delete Codec Acceleration immediately.
Tricks used by Cyber Offenders to inject PC by Codec Acceleration
Due to lack of knowledge, sometimes users unknowingly installs Codec Acceleration virus on Windows computer. Such situation leads to lots of problem further and arises issues such as loss of vital information, hamper of hardware components, system crashes and many others. Below are some of the malignant tactics that cyber criminals use to make entry of Anti-Obscene threat over compromised PC:
Download of free stuff: Users love downloading stuff such as movies, games, videos, free software and others free from Internet. When downloading such favourable programs Codec Acceleration and its other related viruses get automatically gets executed on PC
Using Removable storage Device: Viruses and malware both have nature of replication they easily move itself from secondary storage devices like pen drives, SD cards, CD/DVD and others to PC or laptop
Attachments of files: Emails coming from unknown destination with attachments carries malicious threats. As you download such program, Codec Acceleration get automatically added to your PC and runs in background
Visiting Adult or Pornographic website: Porn site carries large number of malicious links that are full of infectious malware and unwanted programs. When you visit such websites and click on such links many of the malicious threats gets installed on PC
Note:If you need a instant removal help for Codec Acceleration, it is suggested to install a reputable and ultra- powerful Adware removal tool on your computer:
How to remove Codec Acceleration from PC?
Please follow our guide to get rid of Codec Acceleration PUP right away. There are two options you can choose. If you think you can remove this adware by yourself, you can select the manual removal method. The manual removal method requires you to perform the several steps:
Note: You have to accomplish the above steps if you want to completely get rid of Codec Acceleration. If you think it is difficult to finish by yourself, you can choose another method – Using a professional adware removal toolSpyHunter to help you thoroughly and quickly eliminate Codec Acceleration from your PC. SpyHunter has been recognized as the best malware removal tool.
Basic Information to SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program which can help you detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Codec Acceleration within a few minutes.
SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Codec Acceleration adware is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: Here, I would like to remind you SpyHunter’s free version just help you detect the virus or malware. If you want to remove the Codec Acceleration, you need to purchase the license of SpyHunter. The powerful removal tool has helped many victims successfully get rid of the adware from their infected computers.
Step1. Uninstall Codec Acceleration From Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Codec Acceleration in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Codec Acceleration in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Removebutton.
- Right-click Windows Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Codec Acceleration from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Step2. Remove Codec Acceleration From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for Codec Acceleration and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for Codec Acceleration and then clickRemove button to delete it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for Codec Acceleration and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entries created by Codec Acceleration.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. And then type regedit into the box and click OK button. (This operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8, and XP.)
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type Codec Acceleration into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entries & folder created by Codec Acceleration.
Attention: Codec Acceleration is not a simple adware as you think about. Sometimes it will change its file name with different names. Thus, it is quite hard to completely delete all the malicious registry entries. If it comes back again after deleting and still tortures you when surfing the Internet, it is highly advised you to remove Codec Acceleration using a professional adware removal tool. The powerful removal program has widely used by victims to get rid of Codec Acceleration from their PCs.
Step4. Delete browsing history from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Note: It is also an important step to remove Codec Acceleration adware. As we mentioned above, Codec Acceleration is a supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser. It will display tons of third party pop ups, banners, coupons in your browser according to your preferences. Many users don’t know that adware programs usually collect personal information such as password, sites visited, page viewed, your favorite websites, or other privacy –related data and then send that data to third party. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all your browsing histories from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon located in the upper right corner and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then selectHistory.
- Choose Clear Browsing History from the list.
- When a message window pops up, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, and site preferences.
- Select the time range to delete and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→ Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a confirmation window appears, check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Launch Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Troubleshooting Information window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a confirmation window pops up, click Refresh Firefox button to remove Codec Acceleration.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show Advanced settings….
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a confirmation window turns up, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: To get rid of the annoying ads and protect both your computer and personal information, you have to remove Codec Acceleration from the computer as soon as possible. Have trouble uninstalling the unwanted software from your Windows manually? Download and install a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
- Effectively Remove Helpline-12.xyz from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Quivisi.com from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove Zip Cruncher from Your Computer? (Working Removal Guides)
- How to Remove W32.Waledac.D!gen7 from Your Computer? (Adware Removal Guides)
- How to Remove ‘.kvllyatprotonmaildotch File Extension’ Ransomware from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- Effectively Remove PUA.Win32.SBWatchman.F from Your PC (Removal Help)
- How to Remove Dragonblood Vulnerability from Your Computer? (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Remove Ads by CPlus.3cV09.07? (Useful Removal Guide)