Hi, I need your help! Recently I encounter a problem that my browser default homepage has been changed to “Ads by View”, which provides a search engine on the page, without my permission. I get used to searching the net using Google. So I try resetting Google as my default homepage and search engine, but I fail. I also run my antivirus program to scan the whole system (because I suspect that there is a virus on my computer); however, nothing suspicious is found. So, how should I remove “Ads by View” from my browser? Any help is appreciated.
What is “Ads by View”?
“Ads by View” is deemed as infectious domain that is mainly used to conduct online scam. Once get activated, it will start displaying some security alert message stating your PC has possibly been attacked by some PC infection and then after will try to convince to make call on any help line number. Please do not trust these ads as they are created by “Ads by View” along with an evil purpose. It is designed in such a manner that it look like genuine and legitimate domain as well claim to enhance your browsing session as well. It is extremely dangerous and annoying as it will never let user to browse freely and will always make their browser’s search result hijacked to annoying and risky websites. “Ads by View” will mix up its code in start up section aiming to get activated every time when ever system get reloaded. Thats why, it is suggested to immediately remove “Ads by View” and thus solve all your machine’s problems.
How Does “Ads by View” Redirect Get into Your PC?
In most cases, “Ads by View” redirect virus gets into your computer via freeware or shareware. These free programs are often bundled with installer of the redirect virus or other malware. If you download and install such programs on your PC, you also give the chance for this redirect virus to install itself. Besides, the redirect virus may enter your computer through spam email attachments. Opening attachments sent by unknown people runs the high risk of downloading malware “Ads by View” redirect virus to your computer. In addition, this redirect virus can be distributed by the means of suspicious links, sudden pop-up ads and hacked websites. So, you’d better use extra caution when surfing online.
Dangers of “Ads by View”
1.It can modify users’ browser settings and change the default homepage and search engine.
2.It can pop up many types of pop-ups on users’ browsers.
3.It can drastically decrease the entire system performance and slow down browser running speed.
4.It could bring other threats like adware, spyware and worm to the infected computer.
5.It can infect users’ browsers, monitor their online activities, tracing browser cookies and collect personal information like usernames and passwords.
How to Remove “Ads by View” Browser Hijacker from Your PC?
“Ads by View” Hijacker hijacks your default browser to redirect your web search results and modifies your default homepage and browser settings. Manual removal is the most effective way to completely uninstall it from an infected computer’s operating system, for the season that this hijacker is so cunning and dangerous, antivirus programs cannot get rid of it permanently. Here are the manual guides for users to remove the annoying hijacker.
Don’t have the experience of removing a browser hijacker from your PC? Use a powerful malware removal tool to help you out right now!
Remove the browser hijacker from the affected browsers.
When hijacking your web browsers, the browser hijacker may have changed your homepage, startup page, new tab page and default search engine to its own. What you need to do is remove its website URL from the Home Page field and delete its search engine from your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. Click the Tools menu (gear icon) and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
3. Under the General tab, remove the unwanted website address, type your preferred one such as google.com and then click OK.
4. Click the Tools menu again. This time select Manage add-ons.
5. Click Search Providers, and check all search providers installed on your PC. If you find a search engine called Web Search has been set as the default, you should first set a search engine you like as the default, and then right click the unwanted one, and click the Remove button.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Chrome’s Tools menu which is represented by three horizontal lines, and select the option labeled Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the open page, click Set pages under On startup.
4. A small window will open. If you see an unwanted website URL there, highlight it and click the X button to delete it.
5. Back to the Setting page, locate Appearance, tick the checkbox labelled Show Home button, and click the Change link.
6. In the popup Home page window, delete the unwanted website URL and click OK.
7. Now move to the Search section, click Manage search engines.
8. In the open window, if your find that your default search engine has been set to the unwanted one, you need to first make your favorite one (such as Google) as the default.
9. Then, highlight the unwanted search engine and click the X button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) and then click Options.
3. In General tab, delete the URL of “Ads by View” and enter a new website address.
4. Then, switch to the Search tab. Under Default Search Engine, click on the drop-down arrow and you will see a list of all installed search engines. Select the one you want to make as the default.
5. Then, navigate to the One-click search engines section, Choose the unwanted search engine, and click the Remove button.
Fix browser shortcuts modified by the browser hijacker.
The browser hijacker may change your browser shortcuts so that you will be redirected to its own page every time your open the browsers. Now follow these steps to fix the shortcuts in all affected web browsers. Take Internet Explorer for example:
1. Right click the icon of Internet Explorer on your desktop and click the Properties option.
2. Under Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then delete the unwanted website URL located after “…iexplore.exe”. Click OK to save the change.
To remove the unwanted shortcuts from other web browsers, just repeat the steps above.
Scan for and remove traces of the browser hijacker using SpyHunter.
If you have finished the steps above and restarted the computer, but still find the browser hijacker on your PC, then it is highly recommended that you run SpyHunter to scan for and remove all its traces from your PC.
Now you can click the button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
Then, folllow the steps below to install and use this program to fix threats on your PC.
1. Double click on the icon of the setup file you have downloaded just now.
2. Click the Run button to allow it run on your computer.
3. Select your language.
4. Click on CONTINUE.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click on EXIT when the setup is successful.
8. SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. Start a quick scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now.
9. Now SpyHunter will start scanning for malware threats on your PC. It will take some time, please be patient.
10. Once the scanning is done, you can click on Fix Threats button to delete all detected items from your computer.
11. Once the deletion finishes, SpyHunter may require you to restart your system. Allow it to do so. “Ads by View” should have been removed from your PC now.
“Ads by View” should be removed as soon as possible, otherwise, you will not only can not surf the web freely, but also suffer from poor running speed, unstable internet connection and many other kinds of PC issues. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in manually dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to download Spyhunter to automatically remove “Ads by View” from your PC.